at sunset

the rides were fun, but dizzying, so all of us decided to take a break from the fast moving rides and get food.

we order our food, sitting down at the table, looking around for more places to go to after we eat.

Callahan taps me and points to a rollercoaster in the distance. i have never been on a rollercoaster, so i agree.
"guys, what about that roller coaster next?" i ask them.
"right after we eat? no way. maybe we could do that one last." Macey says.
"no, the last one we're going on is the ferris wheel, duh! roller coaster can be second last," Eva replies.

i think y'all know where i'm going with this but pretend you don't 👀

"hm.. maybe we could go on that one," Remi suggests, pointing at a tall, harmless looking ride.
"sure!" i agree.

we all decide that it was gonna be the next ride.

can someone get a counter on how many times i say ride in this chapter? i feel like imma say it a lot

while eating our food, Callahan reaches his hand over to my hand that's in my lap, holding it tightly and fidgeting with my rings under the table

part of that sentence could easily be taken out of context but just.. ignore that please

i glance at him, with a certain face that silently asked him,
"are you ok?" 
recently when we hold each other's hands it's cause we're nervous about something.
he smiles and nods, leaning close to me ear.

"i just like holding your hand," he whispers.
i smile, looking down to my lap awkwardly, seeing his hand squeezing mine lightly.

i move a little closer to him, to the point our arms were brushing against each other.

"and you have the nerve to say you want what Remi and Eva have," Macey groans playfully.
"what do Remi and Eva have?" Remi asks.
"oh please, y'all are so cute!" i say. Eva turns red, turning her attention to her food she stopped eating about 5 minutes ago. Remi just looks around at other rides, before looking at me again.
"you say that like we're dating or something," they say.
"like me and Callahan are?" i laugh.
"pretty much!" Macey retorts.

we eventually finish our food and sit for a couple minutes just people watching. we stand up, throwing out all out trash we had left, callahans hand still in mine.

we walk to the large ride, waiting in line for our turn.
once showing the worker out wristbands again, i sit down on the seat, Callahan next to me, as a young girl does up our seatbelts and pulls a bar over our head. i look at callahan, slightly nervous, seeing callahan the same way. we hold hands yet again, callahan holding on tighter than before.

i play with his rings again, as it seems to not only relax me, but it also seems to relax Callahan as well.

the ride starts, all of us lifted up into the sky, as we twisted around.
idk how to describe what the ride is so you can look up the ride Axtionator 360 ride and you'll see what it is
it was more sickening than i would've assumed.
i hold callahans hand tighter, shutting my eyes right. it absolutely does not help, so i open them again. it's very dizzying, but fun nonetheless.

Callahans eyes go from wide open to shut tight about a million times during the ride. Remi is screaming but clearly enjoying it. they're hardly tall enough for the ride. Eva is silently squeezing the hand of Remi. Macey is gripping the handle bars so tight her knuckles were white.

the ride lasts a little longer, before we are back on the ground. Callahan is still gripping my hand.

"i think that was worse than the rollercoaster option," Macey groans.
"i liked it," i say.
"my hand turned white, n/n" he smirks.
"i think that was mutual," i laugh.