Chapter 11: 7/11

Narrator's POV:

Hannibal packed up his things from the class, phone in hand. He decided to confront Stu on the matter that had been plaguing his mind. 

Hannibal: So when were you going to tell the group that 'phantom' isn't a killer?

Stu Macher: What are you talking about?

Hannibal sent (1) image

Stu Macher: is that phantom?

Hannibal: indeed it is

Hannibal: now why exactly would you think it to be a good idea to bring a non killer into a group full of homicidal maniacs?

Hannibal: did you even know they weren't a killer? Do you even know their real name? tell me Stu, what made you think trusting them was a good idea

Read at 11:54 AM

" Dammit Stu." Hannibal cursed, running his fingers through his hair. 

This wasn't supposed to happen. Then again, y/n has no idea what we do...do I kill them or let them live?

Hannibal sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Y/n's POV:

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, classes passed by in blurs. I reviewed. the conversation I had with hannibal before.

Hannibal: I've never had a slushie, but I still see no point fighting over flavours

Me: if we ever meet irl I'm buying you a slushie

Me: it's honestly sad that you've never had one

Fuck that's right. Well I did promise, may as well act on it.

I pull out my phone, chuckling.

Me: Dr. Lector

Hannibal: y/n

Me: it feels weird to see you text that, but I'll allow it

Me: anyways, remember how I said that when I meet you irl I'd buy u a slushie?

Hannibal: yes, I do recall that

Me: coolio, meet me outside in like, 15 minutes. I'll take you after class

Hannibal: today?

Me: well duh, I made a promise, I intend to keep it 

Me: if you attempt to ditch me I'll search relentlessly, so don't think you can weasel out of this

Hannibal: alright, are we meeting at the west doors?

Me: yeppers

Read at 12:07 PM

I waited anxiously for the end of class, and when it finally came, I was one of the first out of the building. Hannibal was waiting for me just where he said he would, and we walked over to the local 7/11. He told me all about his history in psychology, how he held a certain amount of pride in helping people. I nodded at his words, happy to have met an online friend in real life.

I held the door of the 7/11 open for Hannibal, and led him over to the slushie area. 

" Cherry or Cola?" I asked him.  He pondered for a moment, before answering. 

" Cherry, after all it was the flavour everyone was fighting over." I give a small chuckle, and fill the cup. I step up to the cashier, and give him the cash. Hannibal takes a sip from his slushie, and I raise my eyebrows.

" How does it taste?" 

He looks at the drink, brows furrowed.

"Surprisingly good." He said, still looking puzzled.

I bite my cheek to stop myself from giggling. 

He looks like a confused puppy.

( For reference ) 

" I can see you want to laugh, what's so funny?" 

" Oh nothing, just thought of a meme."

Hannibal gave a small smile, which quickly faded as he saw who just walked through the convenience store doors.