24 Crumbling facades.

Zayn's POV

All of them stood in silence as Adil walked in.

This was probably the last time he was walking free.

Kabir looked surprised.

Inaayat led me in by holding my hand and Kabir looked at us so angered.

He was about to come In our direction when Karan stopped him.

Bade papa wasn't here but badi maa was. She was crying uncontrollably as I went to her and comforted her by placing a hand on her shoulder.

Adil had held both of his kids close. Azaan pushed him away as he ran to Inaayat.

Inaayat lifted him in her arms as he held her and began crying.

Aasra quietly moved towards Inaayat as well.

Karan came towards Inaayat and gave her a concerned look.

She just nodded and looked at me.

Meanwhile our attention turned towards our door as we saw bade papa walk in.

He hadn't talked to Shyra in more than eight years. Not even once. But he loved his daughter dearly. It was clear he was trying to hide his pain. But every movement he made towards her he was breaking down.

"Who the hell asked you to come here?" Adil shouted at him. "You didn't care about her, just because she married me, you were never a part of her sorrows, you weren't even a part of her happiness. Do you even know my kids, Oh wait you didn't even know your own daughter" He said in a tone that was definitely not respectable.

"Bhai, You don't have a right to talk to him like that, Apologize now" Innayat said handing over Azaan to me.

"He never loved Shyra, Innu why pretend like he did now huh? Why all this drama? Why?"

But wait Bade papa never knew the route to this house. Because he never met Shyra or Adil. That could mean he was convinced by someone to come here.

"Why are you pretending to be so nice Adil? You're no saint. You didn't love Shyra either" A voice said.

"Nivuu" Azaan said getting down from my arms and running into his.

"Nivaan" Badi maa said looking at him in surprise.

Everyone flocked to him.

She hugged him in happiness and so did Inaayat's mom.

"Kahaan chala gaya tha tu haan" She asked wiping her tears.

"Kisiko bachane ke chakkar mei, khud ki jaan ko daav pe laga diya maine" he said sighing "Par waada tha kisise ki maut se bhi ladke aaunga uske liye"

Inaayat just looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"We shall discuss this later, please let us go ahead with the cremation, I do not want to disrespect my dead sister." Nivaan said when Aasra brought me a paper from Shyra's room and handed it over to me.

I realised it was a letter and it was addressed to her dad.

"Inaayat" I called out and she took the letter from me.

"Yeh toh Shyra ka letter hai" Inaayat said.

"What does it say beta" Badi maa asked.

If you are probably reading this it means I'm no more but I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.

I’m not afraid of dying anymore. I’m more afraid of living. I don’t see the point anymore. Was there ever one? Because if it was to just go through life feeling the way I do, they I don’t wanna be here. My mom and dad just stopped talking me because I did not marry the man of their choice

But what broke my heart even more was that the man for whom I did all of this never loved me at all. I met Nivaan in Shimla and he told me the truth and I think I died the same day, It was just my body that kept living.

After a relationship ends, build a bridge, get over it, and burn that bridge so you won’t be tempted to cross it again.

I’ve learned that goodbyes will always hurt, pictures will never replace having been there, memories good and bad will bring tears, and words can never replace feelings.

Dad I know you're ashamed of me but please I have never hated you, I could never be at peace knowing I have humiliated me but if I had known the truth I would have taken a different decision. I have loved you until my last breath hoping to see you at least once before my death but Alas. So if you turn up at my funeral I just want you to know that Im sincerely sorry for putting you through so much pain. I have suffered that pain too but in a different form and maybe your forgiveness will lead my soul to its eternal peace "

Bade papa fell on to his knees and began sobbing.

Maa im sorry I could never be your perfect daughter but at least I tried being a good daughter in law. I will miss you.

To all my little brothers including Karan and Aarav be there for each other. You'll are each other's biggest strengths. And will continue to be so. 

To Nivaan and Inaayat, Your love has come with a lot of hardships but nothing can defeat you both when you are with each other. Please take care of both of my kids.

Khuda hafiz

Aapki
Shyra.

Everyone was in tears by the end of the letter. Inaayat who read the whole letter staying strong broke down after the last lines.

Nivaan held her close.

Azaan and Aasra held on to them. I wiped my tears off when Karan pat me on my shoulder.

"Im so sorry Shyra, please forgive me" Bade papa said sobbing.

Finally they cremated her and The tombstone was of white rock. It shone from morntide til dusk, ever reflecting light into the world as she did in her living years

We all came back to Inaayat's house where she explained to both the families how Adil had cheated on Shyra and about Aasra as well.

Adil's mom had slapped him right away "You...you were the reason she died, I am so ashamed you're my son"

"Maa please take the kids upstairs" Inaayat said when Mrs Reza and Badi maa took the kids upstairs.

Bade papa was out in the corridor.

There was intense tension between all of us.

"Nivaan such a cheater" Karan said.

"Seriously bhai how could you" Aarav agreed.

"And you Zayn... You didn't tell us either " Karan said.

There was thick tension around all of us.

This was when I knew we were in trouble.