Epilogue - Deja vu

Zayn's POV

"Where's she?"

"In the Bedroom, thanks for coming, you can stay for the night if you want to"

I nodded and gave a smile.

"I keep telling her not to drink so much but no she never listens to me, I mean she doesn't even have a high capacity, shes so light headed but then i've to take care of my best friend right because if I wont who will"

For someone who can have six shots of raw Vodka and still say the alphabet backwards Im pretty sure your best friend is anything but light headed.

And if she really was your best friend you'd be with her you easy bake oven,not here snogging some random guy.

"Thank you Prisha"

"By the way Zayn this is Tanmay and Tee this is Zayn" Prisha introduced me to her friend.

"So you're the zayn my best friend cant shut up about" He said.

Yes you squeaky shopping cart, and if you don't let me go and see your best friend now I will make pottery with your bones

"I guess so"

"Stop it" She nudged him

"The room on the right once you take the stairs. And Zayn I think you should stay the night"

I didn't intend to until it was unnecessary.

I went to the room and it was not completely closed. The door was slightly ajar.

And there she lay on the bed like a baby unaware of the situations around and sleeping blissfully

She was mumbling
something. I didn’t like the sight. Till now, she had led me to believe she was changing.

Was that all false? I bent down slightly to make sense of
her inebriated mumbling but still couldn’t understand anything.

I leaned forward with my ears close to her mouth.

She drawled on my name.

It was obvious she hadn’t seen me, for her eyes were closed and yet she was
murmuring my name.

"What is it?" I whispered.

She tried opening her eyes. It took her a few attempts. The way she kept squinting, trying to make out who it was in front of her, told me her vision must
be blurred.

"Zayn I love you"

I kept looking at her, not saying a word.

Did she really mean what she said?

She was sloshed.

When someone is sloshed, they either speak shit or the truth.

I was lost in my thoughts when she surprised me by reaching out to me and holding my hand rather tightly. Using it as support, she sat up on the bed.

"Everything about him is amazing," she said, placing her hands on my shoulder
in a you-are-my-buddy manner.

"You know it when you see something perfect . . ."

"How do you know he is perfect?" I cut her short.

She made a disgusted face as if she didn’t like the interruption.

She brought a finger to her lips and gestured for me to keep quiet.

"I know he is. As I was saying, when you see someone that perfect, you start hating your own imperfections simply because you know you don’t deserve that perfect someone. And you start behaving like what you are not just to win them.