12 - mcdreamy makes a mcentrance and realizes a big mcsomething

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" THE KILLER MADE A REFERENCE TO TAYLOR SWIFT. "

alexa, play LIGHTS ARE ON by tom rosenthal

^^^^^^

"Tater tots, I'm very sorry, but I couldn't win you that teddy bear." Dad approached me with a big sad expression on his face, but just from the extremely large teddy bear looking thing behind his back, I could tell there was going to be a turn to this. "But I was able to win you this much bigger teddy bear."

"Dad! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is so big and fluffy I'm gonna die!" I took the larger-than-life teddy bear from his arms, jumping up and down faster than humanely possible.

This sugar high would leave soon. I would probably crash and want to leave this carnival soon, but not right now! I was seven years old, and planned to behave that way for as long as possible. I held the teddy bear's left hand and held out the teddy bear's right hand to my dad, who took the teddy bear's right hand with an incredible amount of enthusiasm. I'm going to have that much enthusiasm when I'm old...like at seventeen. I'll have that much enthusiasm with everything by the time I'm seventeen, because that's old!

"What's his name?" He asked as we were swinging the bear back and forth.

"Doofy!" I shouted proudly after hesitating for a second in deep thought.

I let out a weak laugh at the memory, sniffling and wiping away a couple of spare tears. It was the next day now, and none of us have left the hospital. Well, Brielle and Laina left because their mother wanted them home where it was 'safer.' Honestly, it felt like a bunch of bullshit coming out of their mother's mouth-how could anywhere be a safer place right now? And home of all places? Judy and Wes Hicks died right outside and right inside of their very own home, and their mother thought it was safer? I didn't understand how either of them managed to listen to their mother, but I wasn't going to shit talk their own mother in front of them, so I remained quiet and let them leave. But I did let that sit in the back of my mind for a later time.

"Sweetheart, I'm gonna go and get some uh...some coffee, do you wanna take the walk?" Gale asked, and I shook my head.

"You can go." I shrugged, refusing to make eye contact with her puffy red eyes.

"Are you sure? You haven't had anything to eat or drink since before We-"

"Don't say his name." I shifted in the increasingly uncomfortable hospital chair. "Just go."