🦉The Bard & The Guard🦉

((Filler for Ending of Season One and near Season Two! I couldn't resist my thoughts today!!))

Y/n walked towards her favorite hill sighing softly, it had been a long day for her. Her mom nearly getting petrified, her aunt risking her life and status to save her mom, her and Luz fighting against Emperor Belos, Luz destroying her only way to go back home, and seeing the curse that her aunt placed on her mother being spilt between two sisters.

Y/n sat down at the top and breathed in the late night flower ridden air as she summons her lyre and played it softly. As she played on someone sat down beside her and a famaliar white cloak covered her shoulders.

Y/n: "Thank you for coming, Hunter." She said while she leaned her head against his shoulder.

Hunter: "Anytime, Y/n." He said as he leaned his head against the top of Y/n's brown hair which acted like a pillow of sorts. He listened to Y/n playing her lyre softly nearly sadly making him sigh til he took hold of her right hand which was on the lyre strings making her stop playing. He slowly stood up and pulled Y/n up to her feet after his cloak fell onto the grass alongside her lyre onto the soft cloth.

Y/n: "Hunter, what are you--?" She was beginning to ask til he stopped her by placing his forefinger onto her lips making both teens blush brightly thankfully the night sky concealed it away.

Hunter: "I'm only going to do this to make you feel better, and do NOT tell anyone." He said seriously before using his staff to make Y/n's lyre glow bright red as it began to play a melody around the two, He breathes deeply then began singing towards her.

Hunter: We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven
That we can't reach...

Y/n's golden eyes widened a bit towards Hunter before she lightly held onto his hands as she began singing to him in return as the two began to take turns while they slowly danced under the rising moon in the sky as the tempo picked up the pace.

Y/n: If we're trying
So we're breaking free

Hunter: You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are

Y/n: Creating space between us, 'Til we're separate hearts

Hunter & Y/n: But your faith it gives me strength
Strength to believe

Hunter: We're breakin' free

Y/n: We're soarin'

Hunter: Flyin'

Hunter & Y/n: There's not a star in heaven, That we can't reach

Hunter: If we're trying

Hunter & Y/n: Yeah, we're breaking free

Hunter: Oh, we're breakin' free

Y/n: Ohhhh

Hunter: Can you feel it building, Like a wave the ocean just can't control

Y/n: Connected by a feeling, Ohhh, in our very souls

Hunter: Very souls, ohhh

Hunter & Y/n: Rising 'til it lifts us up, So everyone can see us

Hunter: We're breakin' free