Chapter 4: Honey Lemon Tea (pt. 2)

'A-Anyway, are you free this Saturday evening, Izumi-san?'

'Yes. Why?'

'G-Good! Then come to my home this Saturday. We need to discuss our trip with our friends for next summer.'

"Shikimori's". That's what the nameplate in front of her house said, right above the home address, telling me that I have arrived at the right place, Shikimori-san's home. It does not change much since the last time we visited, with lights coming from the front windows on the second floor, leaking through the curtains, which I reckon is Shikimori-san's room.

Such a memory, isn't it?

Although we came to her home just for group study, I can still remember some interesting things that happened to me that day. My bad luck aura worked again, which led to my conversation with Shikimori's mom. It was short but meaningful, as I felt like I was asking for her mom's approval to be her boyfriend, and thankfully she accepted. Even my mom has actually made friends with her. Sometimes I saw them talking with each other on phone, and their subjects were so random that I could not even tell what exactly they were.

... And sometimes, especially in times like this, I still wonder if we were no longer in a relationship, maybe because of our contradiction or something else separating us, would our families still keep being closed like this...?

Right now, I am standing in front of Shikimori-san's house. The sky has already darkened, showing a blanket of stars stretching to infinity. There is no one outside but me, in the middle of this silent neighborhood. Although it is spring, the cool air of late evening still manages to blow through the sleeves of my coat, which is sending me a slightly freezing feeling, even when I have picked the warmest coat I could, or I have already filled my stomach with an early dinner. For someone who used to spend most time staying at home, and even when I have been going out more since I dated Shikimori-san, this weather is not very good for me, especially with my health condition.

I reach out my hand to the doorbell and press the button on it, sending a signal that I have arrived. After that, I look up the windows on the second floor and see someone opening the curtains, which appears to be Shikimori-san. She looks down from the windows to see me, as I start waving my hands as a signal. She then turns away from the windows, and I assume that she is heading downstairs to open the door for me.

Just a few seconds later, the door in front of me is opened slightly. "Get inside, Izumi-san." A voice from the back of the door echoed inside, which I easily recognized to be Shikimori-san's. I let out a hum as a response and proceed to walk inside.

As I finally step inside her home, suddenly, something heavy jumps on top of me and knocks me backward. It starts pinning me down to the ground and as soon as I know it, I feel some wet sensation on my cheeks. I look back up and open my eyes to see who is greeting me in such a surprising welcome, and I soon realize "who" it is.

"Good evening, Kara! Okay... okay... that's very tickle...!" I greeted Kara, who is a pet shepherd of Shikimori-san. My chuckling slowly turns into a laugh, as Kara's licking is becoming more tickling. I really want to break out of her pin, but my strength is too weak to actually move a muscle. As she is licking every part of my face, she lets out some happy woofs. "S-Shikimori-san, help...!" I managed to reach out my hand to call for Shikimori, although my view was obstructed by Kara so I could not tell where she was.

"... Kara, stop." Shikimori, who I could not find where she was, ordered her shepherd to stop. However, it does not work as Kara is still licking my face. I cannot even move an inch from her pin, as it is getting tighter like I am in some sort of submission hold.