Chapter 5: Honey Lemon Tea (pt. 3)

"... Stay with you?" I asked Shikimori to confirm what I had just heard. "You mean... here, at your home?" I asked again and pointed at the floor, my face was also blushing the same color as her.

"... What are you talking about, Izumi-san?" Shikimori asked while looking away and fidgeting her thumbs. "If it is not here, then where else?"

"I mean... t-that's fine!" I told her and shrugged my shoulders. "If you want, I can stay here for a little longer before going ho-" I was trying to reassure her, but I got cut off when she shook her head, denying what I said.

"I-Izumi-san, when I said 'for tonight', I mean..." Shikimori tried to explain, but perhaps there was something stuck in her throat. She then takes a gulp and continues. "I mean... s-stay with me... o-overnight... until tomorrow... You know, l-like a sleepover..." She stuttered, her head was lowered so deep that I could barely see anything through her hair bangs except the shade of red on her face.

... Okay, this is so surreal.

This is definitely not the first time I have stayed somewhere with Shikimori-san. She used to stay at my home for dinner or go for a picnic with us. We even spent a night at a hot spring with my family. As my relationship with her becomes closer, I have to admit she has been like an important family member to my family. Inviting Shikimori-san to have a trip or stay somewhere with us has become necessary.

However, this is a different case. We are talking about me staying at my girlfriend's home, not just for a short period, but for a very long one, like she said, overnight. I don't know anything about her brother, but since I stepped into her house, I have not seen her mom anywhere or heard any mention of her from Shikimori-san herself. This also means that if "something" happens, there will not be any barricade, except for her brother, who can do something to stop it. However, I might sleep in her room, as well, which is a first for me. All those thoughts are wandering in my head, keeping me from thinking straight.

"B-But Shikimori-san," I stuttered. "I-I thought your mom didn't allow you to bring anyone home if she was gone? Besides, she's not home, right? What if something happens-"

"Mom is not coming home until tomorrow morning. She's having a night shift." She cut me off, then she leaned toward me and whispered. "Besides, rules are meant to be broken, am I right, Izumi-san? Wouldn't it be exciting if we do something... wrong?"

When did she get this bold!?

"By the way, Izumi-san..." She whispered again, both of our faces were having the same shade of red. "I haven't told her that I was inviting you here. So basically, I've already broken the rule and become a 'criminal', and you are now my accomplice, Izumi-san."

To be honest, calling yourself a "criminal" for bringing your friends home without any permission is a bit exaggerating. However, I am now too flustered that I cannot even utter a word. Shikimori-san is using her home advantage to push me against the wall and make me feel that I have no choice but to accept her request. As she said, I am at a point of no return. If her mom finds out about this, not only her, but I will also get in trouble. I know how bad this can get, but it is nearly impossible to get out.

"Shikimori-san, I..." I tried to tell her, but I couldn't think of anything clear. Therefore, I take a deep breath to calm myself down and continue. "Y-You know, it's not that I don't want to, it's just... kind of wrong," I told her, and I soon realized that her facial expression became sad, as her lips curled into a frown. I know Shikimori-san may be disappointed to hear it, but I have to tell her my reasons, as I don't want her to get in any trouble with her mom. "Your mom does not allow it, and I also don't want anything bad to happen between you and her. B-But if you want, as I said, I can stay here longer with you. I think my mom will understand if I go home late-"