Chapter 16

The car is peacefully silent for the moment, with no radio on and Francesca sound asleep curled up in the passenger seat

The car is peacefully silent for the moment, with no radio on and Francesca sound asleep curled up in the passenger seat. Usually she is up way before me but I don't think she slept very well last night; too excited for today.

As we get closer I look for a place to eat, somewhere we can get a little breakfast since the theme park doesn't open until 11am and it is only 9:30. I find this place that seems relatively empty and park. Being the total obsessed boyfriend I am, I snap a picture of Francesca all wrapped up in my sweater before waking her up. I try to be gentle as I wake her even though I was woken up this morning with a pillow to the face and the demand 'get up you bitch'.

"Are we here," she yawns as she stretches like a cat.

"Close, but I figured since we had some time to kill before the park opens, we could grab breakfast."

"Did you see the little Hershey kisses yet," she asks as I reach her side of the car and open her door. She stretches more, leaning back so her cropped shirt rides up and exposes a bit of her stomach. After an intense summer of training for her competition in 3 weeks she has better abs than me.

"Not yet we are still about 30 minutes away," I tell her as I tuck her under my arm, where she belongs. Here, at Michigan, in New York, for the rest of our lives; she belongs in my arms and nowhere else.

"Okay," she nods as we walk in and get led to a table.

The second the waitress comes over we order coffee, because lord knows I need it. I am getting better at being a morning person but waking up at 5:30am and then driving 3 and a half hours is brutal. The only time before this I have willingly done this is for Francesca's first skating competition I went to. In reality I could have slept in later that day, but I was so nervous I would miss her skating I forced Stan and Bray up at the ass crack of dawn.

Maybe I am not a morning person, maybe I am just a Francesca person. When it comes to waking up it is always worlds easier when I know I am waking up to make her happy.

"I am prepared today," she says randomly as she opens her little backpack that is bright pink. The one that I will likely be carrying most of today even thought she swears she is going to hold it all day and not complain. 

"For," I ask, not following what she means.

"I am not going to pass out at Hershey like I nearly did at the zoo," she tells me, popping two little pills in her mouth and chasing them down with her fresh coffee. "I even set a reminder on my phone for every 4 hours."

I reach across the table and take her hand in mine. "If you need a break you will tell me right?"

"Just feed me chocolate and I should be ok," she counters with a big smile.

The waitress comes back and to my surprise Francesca orders eggs, like me, instead of her usual french toast. Before I can ask why she changed her normal order she reads my mind and tells me. "We are probably going to eat a lot of junk today; plus I have a competition soon which means I need to start eating healthy again."