Chapter 26

Waking up with Ryder will never get old

Waking up with Ryder will never get old. His leg is over my legs and his arm is wrapped around my body holding me tightly to him and when I peek up he looks so peaceful; a peace he deserves so much. I try not to wake him as I contort my body to flip around, so my back is to him and I can grab my phone he plugged in last night. I unlock it and read the chaotic texts I got last night after we went to bed and our friends partied in the other room.

From what I can gather Luna tried to beat Parker and Bray in a drinking game which she won, but at what expense I guess we will find out today. Alex and Maya snuck off at some point, much to the other three's disapproval, and it seems like they got into their own fair share of trouble with hotel security? I can't exactly figure out what went down but it has something to do with a bottle of wine and the hottub? I won't ask, some things are better left unknown honestly. Tristian seems to be the only one who didn't cause issues but that is pretty on brand for him. He will always be the sweet, gentle, kind boy next door type only switching when someone dares to mess with Luna.

I don't exactly know where everyone slept last night, though I will assume for Luna it was the bathroom floor, but I do know we are alone. Today we all move back into our houses at Michigan, so I take the final few moments of alone time and savor them. Even in hockey house locked away in Ryder's room alone is a stretch. At any given moment anyone can swipe the key off the top of his door and barge in, and boy do they. Truly none of those guys have any understanding of the word privacy.

Ryder stirs and I wiggle back under his heavy limbs to kiss his sharp jawline and run my fingers through his hair. "I slept so good," he yawns, pulling me even tighter, as if that is even possible.

"Me too," I tell him as goosebumps rise on my skin from his deep, still sleepy voice. Lord he is so hot normally but that gruff voice early in the morning is one of my greatest weaknesses.

"What time is checkout?"

"10am we have about 2 hours."

"It is 8am," he asks, peeking at the alarm clock on the nightstand. He still doesn't like 6am wakeups but he has become more a morning person this summer, much to his own protest. "Well shit with so much time to kill, what would you like to do babe."

The question is suggestive, alluding to way more than sweet cuddles together. I am about to tell him we don't have time for what we both want, even as my hips push against him, seemingly having a mind of their own, when he leans down and kisses me.

Against my own better judgment I return the kiss full force, tangling my limbs with his as he flips me onto his back and hovers over me with just enough body weight holding me down that I moan. The kiss is hungry and that sleepy daze he was in moments ago is gone.

"Ry we don't have a condom," I tell him as I realize I have none and we aren't in his room where he keeps a few in his bag at all times. He is an opportunist and I will never be mad about that.