Lost In The Moment.

Y/n's POV-

Those eyes. Shimmering emerald jewels. Glowing in the golden sun light. Her sandy, curled blonde hair. Flowing naturally down her shoulders, framing her face with such elegancy. Her lips. Plump and full. The curvature of her body, chiselled into a walking goddess. She was a dream, to good to be true as her fingers ran delicately through the over grown grass. With those fine details capturing the attention of those she walked by, I made sure they would be shown with the brush work I left on the blank white canvas. The watercolour blends together, portraying the moment ahead of me.

A pure white butterfly landed upon her elongated finger without hesitation. It perched itself on her without a worry of a doubt. No painting was going to hold such grace. Taking a hold of the old camera that laid under dust upon the windowsill, I looked through the eye socket. Moving slightly to the right. The sun beaming from above made the girl look like an angel. To describe her was impossible, she was beyond words. Snapping the picture, I removed the real from the camera. Smiling happily at the image.

Once it flew away, she kept adventuring around the allotment. Finding herself by the moss covered steps, she began the climb up. Soon stopping by the grand willow tree that stood proudly at the top. Her gaze followed the path she took. Looking over the garden that had so much life before. Only to now have a jungle of weeds overtaking it's place.

I knew of Elizabeth before our social interaction. Her grandfather always spoke highly of the girl, not a single bad word towards her. Having not seen her before, she was definitely more than my imagination created her to be. I was mesmerised, truly.

I watched in an admiring manner as she remained on the hill for a few more minutes, taking in the clean fresh air. A change from the intoxicating fumes LA filled her lungs with. Allowing myself one last longing glance, I drew my attention to the equipment surrounding me. Not liking the mess, I clean up after myself. Sorting my paints out, placing them neatly in there case. Cleaning each individual bristle of the few brushes I used.

"Hey stranger" her voices appears behind, startling me back to reality
"Feel as though you should have a bell, to inform me of your arrival" she laughs at my joking statement "Is everything okay, Ma'am? Can I help you with something? A choosing of a book for your next read perhaps?" I straighten myself up, becoming more presentable
"Call me by my name, please. Ma'am makes me seem important, which I can assure you I am not" she breathes out, looking at the books beside her.

"Of course. Anything in particular you'd like? A favourite genre?" I question, intrigued to know more about her fascination with the words written on the pages
"A case solving book, where it allows you to make up theories along with the detective because it's so mysterious, only answering them at the end. Those are my favourites" Elizabeth answers
"I presume you've read Sherlock Holmes?" She nods
"A few. It's becoming a struggle to find the others. They're not to be found in any book stores now a days"
"I have the full collection, if you'd like to carry on reading them?" I mention, pointing towards the back where they sit
"Really?" The girl asks stunned "I'd love that, thank you" she smiles thankfully.

Elizabeth followed closely behind as I made my way towards the shelf holding her books. She mentioned the ones she had read, allowing the search to be shorter. I reach up, pulling out one she had yet to fall in love with.

"Have you read every book within this place?" The girl inquires, skimming her eyes along the blurb
"I have yet to dive into a few, but the majority yes" I place my hands behind my back, hoping I have for-filled her request. Elizabeth sets the book a side on the coffee table, disappearing into the kitchen. She came back with one of the few dining chairs that was left behind, placing it next to the leather one. Taking a seat where her grandfather used to, she pat the cushion of the other. I raise a brow in confusion at her action "Grab one of those books you need to read and come sit" she orders in a soft tone
"Oh Elizabeth, I don't want to intru-" the blonde cuts me off with a harshened glare
"Book" she points towards the shelves "Sit" her thumb makes contact with her palm, causing a snapping sound as she motions to the chair. I gulp, nodding and obeying her orders.

"When I start decorating I'll buy a better, more comfortable chair. But for now that's just gonna have to do, I apologise" she informs me, looking over the book I held in my hands
"That's perfectly okay, Elizabeth" I dismiss the apology, having no complaints of the situation.

A silence fell over us. Peaceful and comfortable. Her presence the last two days has been warming. A new smell roams the air that of her strawberry shampoo. "I always find tea is a relaxing drink while reading. Care for one?" I inquire
"I shall take you up on that offer. Thank you" she smiles sweetly, watching me leave the room.

Hot steam fogged over my glasses, as I pour the boiling water into the two cups. After removing the tea bags, I rummage through the cupboards in hopes to find a few biscuits. Skilfully balancing all the crockery, I began walking back into the room. Placing the plate full of digestives in the middle of the coffee table, setting our teas either side. "Thank you"

I lost her as she began falling deeper into a fictional world. Her breathing was steady. Her right leg crossed over the other. Her elbows resting on both arm rests. Her eyes taking in every word written. Her left held the book loosely as the other grasped the cup of tea. The subtle twitch in her lips as she mouths some of the words. Her ring twisting around her finger as she concentrates.  I was captivated by every single small movement.

I haven't been trapped by such beauty in a fair few years. She truly was one of a kind.

————

;)

Fluff is far from the pain I like writing, but I'm trying to be happy for y'all.

Stay frosty my dudes ✨👌