Dancing In The Moonlight.

Y/n's POV-

"'Excellent' I cried 'Elementary' said he" her voice was soft as she followed along with the words upon the pages. Her head laid on my lap, book held high covering such mesmerising eyes. A blanket draped over her bend knees. My fingers tangle within the blonde locks as I comb them through.

Soothing is the only word to describe how the night has been going. Twinkling stars decorated the dark sky above. The moon shone brightly. Embers crackling as the wood slowly burns. A light, warm breeze brushing over us.

"It saddens me when things have to come to an end" Elizabeth states, placing the still open book upon her chest "I truly wish they wouldn't"
"Not everything can remain. Things have to end in order for the new to take over" I say in response
"But I only have one chapter left. This book as become my soul investment. How shall I cope once I'm done?" I smile at the girls adorableness she displays, lips in a pout, eyebrows furrowed
"Darling, this is where the art of squeals comes in handy" she rolls her eyes, not being able to help the smile pulling at her mouth.

We fall into a mist of silence, listening to the owls of the night. A gasp captures my attention, looking down to see Elizabeth's eyes welded shut "Are you okay?" I worriedly question, sitting up slightly
"A shooting star" she whispers as though it's forbidden to speak of. I tuck a small strand behind her ear, brushing my thumb over her cheekbone. Watching as her eyes open, losing myself once again in her green orbs. "I do hope it comes true" she says with hope
"What is it that you wished for?" I question, tilting my head in curiosity
"That defeats the whole purpose of a shooting star. I'm unable to tell you, if I do then it'll never happen" She sighs, sitting herself up. The girl inhales deeply before letting it go. Without a chance to ask, she stands from the garden chair. The blanket now around her shoulders.

"Dance with me" she turns, extending her hand out
"It's embarrassing to admit, I don't know how to"
"Then allow me to show you" Elizabeth wiggles her fingers. My hand in hers, she pulls me up. No gap between our bodies. The blonde places my left hand on her lower back while keeping my other in her grasp. "No music?" I question as she began to sway the both of us. She shake her head "No need for it"
"And why might that be, Olsen?" I ask with interest
"To cherish a moment of just us" her eyes hold hope as they shimmer under the moonlight.

"I'm truly grateful that you fell into my life" she breathes out, resting her head against my shoulder
"The irony in that statement" Elizabeth's childish giggle warms the skin of my neck, unleashing the caged butterflies. "I hope you never lose your laugh" I say honestly
"With you? Impossible" the girl lifts her head, meeting my gaze "My face has grown sore from how much you cause me to smile and laugh. You're so much like a fairytale, I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming"
"I assure you, I'm real"
"Thank you. I keep saying, I know but Y/n.." she places a hand on my cheek, to which I lean into "You could have left. Walked away from this, from me. Yet, you stayed. I do not know what would have come of me if I didn't have you"

"Darling, I feel as though you'd have accomplished more than you're allowing yourself to believe" a single tear slithers it's way down her cheek. Using her palm as a tissue, she wipes it away "Look what you're doing to me. I'm all emotional now" she finds the humour in the situation.

Suddenly, the world stops. Once her eyes are back on mine, time stands still. Our surroundings become muted. Acting as if though we're the only two to exist. Subconsciously, without second guessing, I lean closer forward. "Is it okay for me to kiss you?" Our noses brush against each other
"Yes" Her hot, shaken breathe fans over my mouth. With the word of consent, I delicately lay my lips on top of hers. The butterflies now swarm my body. My hands either side of her face. Love poured into one kiss, our first kiss. Cherry lingered on my lips from her flavoured chapstick.

"I think it's safe to say you feel the same way I do" Elizabeth's smile grew wide, dimples piercing her cheeks
"I'd be a fool not too" I say, still lost in the euphoria of the moment "You were right"
"How so?"
"Music was not needed" I rest my forehead against hers.

"Y/n?" She captures my attention "Kiss me, again" I happily comply, falling into the blissful touch of her soft lips.

———

The moment happened 👏👏👏👏

What song do you think personally goes best with this story??