23

2 weeks later

jeongguk finds himself wondering how it is possible to fall for someone he hadn't even met yet so hard, as he's walking through a big toy store, feeling a little lost.

it takes him a little to find the doll section, seing all the different barbie dolls staring at him now. but he's looking for something with wings.

he smiles satisfied when he sees some fairy dolls. honestly he didn't even really think about when he will give it taehyung. he doesn't want to give it to him when they meet for the first time, he wants to give it to him when he's in little space again.

he'll figure it out. but for now, he wants to keep the present ready, so he'll be able to give it to the other as soon as he's ready to do so.

he decides to go for the doll with blonde hair, a pink skirt and a matching top, pink and turquoise wings with glitter and there are also some extra clothes and heels in the box.

he takes it and puts it into the shopping basket, smiling slightly, unknowingly.

his stomach feels funny again when he walks into the baby section, looking at the pacifiers. of course he chooses a pastel pink one, since he mentioned that he wants one and it seems like he only has one in blue. also it's his favorite color.

babytae: ggukie
babytae: what are you doing
babytae: i miss you

jeon.jk: hey baby i missed you too
jeon.jk: just some grocery shopping
jeon.jk: what about you?

jeongguk wants to look around to see if there's anything else he could buy but he sees that it's almost 8pm and the store closes in 5 minutes. that's why he walks to the cash desk, where isn't a line to his luck.

babytae: just watching a baking show
babytae: it's kinda cool

jeongguk is walking to his car with the plastic bag in his hand, taehyung's presents inside.

he sits down, closing the door, before opening taehyung's messages.

jeon.jk: tae
jeon.jk: how about you send me your number and we talk over the phone?

babytae: oh my god
babytae: i can hear your voice then!!
babytae: yes ggukie i'd love to
babytae: here
babytae: **** ********

jeon.jk: i'll be home in 15 minutes
jeon.jk: i'll call you then babe

babytae: okay💗

taehyung is more than just excited. his heart is beating unbelievably fast, hoping that jeongguk will like his voice. just the thought of hearing jeongguk's voice and him calling him baby, makes him break out in giggles.

~

"baby you're tired.", jeongguk says after talking to the other on the phone for three hours.

he had heard him yawn a lot in the last 20 minutes, making him chuckle everytime because it sounds so cute.

"i'm not, i'm just- *yawn*"

"babe stop lying.", jeongguk chuckles.

"sorry ggukie."

"don't apologize for being tired."

"okay.", he giggles.

"hey tae?"

"yes?"

"how about we meet up tomorrow?"

silence.

"ggukie."

"yes?"

"are you being serious?"

"yes."

"yes, yes, yes! i'd love to!"

jeongguk chuckles.

"good. i'll pick you up around 6 pm, is that fine? can you send me your address?"

"of course. but where are we going?"

"it's a surprise."

"ggukie!"

"see you tomorrow baby.", he chuckles.

"good night ggukie. sleep well!"

"you too babes."

with that they hang up.

taehyung is dying inside.

he's more than excited and the big grin won't leave his face.

he thinks about the sweet things jeongguk had told him on the phone and the butterflies he got every time.

"i would love to kiss you right now."

taehyung is nervous. but he's sure that it will be fine. he just noticed even more how well they get along. they talked about a bunch of different things, not even realizing how fast the time passed. like literally three hours felt like nothing.

jeongguk on the other hand is very excited too. he hopes that taehyung will like what he planned for him.

"ggukie your voice is so pretty."

it was a completely different experience to hear the other's voice and not just talk through text. even though texting with him is fun too of course. he can't even imagine
what the real life experience will be like.

he also thinks about the things taehyung had told him on the phone and jeongguk can't stand the urge to hold the other close anymore, which only grows and grows. he's happy he finally sees him tomorrow.

"to sleep in your arms would make me feel so safe ggukie."

i will keep you safe baby.