XXIII: I was Enchanted to Meet You

___________________________________________

The elevators dinged and when she looked up she expected one of Tiffany's clients

The elevators dinged and when she looked up she expected one of Tiffany's clients. Instead, Rosé nearly ran to her desk.

"Your interview was published!" She squeaked excitedly.

"What?" Jennie asked in shock as the Aussie thrust the magazine in front of her.

It wasn't a front cover story, but it was one mentioned on the side in bold letters:

EXCLUSIVE! Lisa Manoban's hot new boo opens up about their relationship!

Jennie felt nervous. "Have you read it yet?" She asked and Rosé shook her head.

"Bambam picked it up on his way in and didn't even notice. I took it off his desk and came here immediately," She explained, sitting on the edge of the blonde's desk as she waited for her to begin reading. When Jennie didn't move she rolled her eyes and snatched it out of her hand.

"Ohh," Rosé lowly said, looking at the first few words.

"What?!" Jennie asked, trying to grab it back but her friend moved too fast.

"Nothing about you yet. They're kind of dissing Lisa."

"Read it out loud, fucker," She huffed impatiently.

"Hotshot CEO Lisa Manoban was deemed untamable only months ago. She was in the running to be named woman of the year in 2016, but many believed her egotistical arrogance was her downfall," Rosé paused, eyeing Jennie who seemed to nearly be seething.

"Don't worry, it gets better," She patted the blonde's head reassuringly and continued. "Recently, the woman in charge has taken her relationship with her new girlfriend Jennie Kim- that's you!- public. We sat down with the blonde beauty herself," Rosé dropped her official voice. "Damn. Blonde beauty!"

Jennie smiled but paused. "Should I wait for Lisa to read all of this?"

"No, she's fine. You'll know what to expect by the time she reads it. What if they twisted your words to make it seem like you actually hate her? You'd have some explaining to do. Good to know ahead of time," Rosé shrugged, not giving her enough time to respond before she kept reading.

"Manoban and Kim met through Manoban Inc., the company that sent Lisa to her fame. Jennie works as an assistant and had no idea who Miss Manoban was when they first met. We asked her to talk a little bit about her relationship.

"'Lisa is absolutely wonderful. She is dedicated to her work but always makes time for the ones she loves,' Kim spills," Rosé paused and looked up at her. "Lisa's gonna be pissed if you told them she's a soft gay."

"I didn't tell them she's soft," Jennie rolled her eyes with a laugh.

"The new couple has been flooding their Instagram and Twitters' with pictures together and of each other. 'I've never connected with someone so instantly. It isn't even a conscious decision to post together so often. If I'm talking about my day or sharing pictures, she's usually in them. It's pretty cliché to say but we're one of those couples who are rarely apart.' Jennie tells us."