A F T E R M A T H

The smell of citrus and vanilla along with some sage filled the air around me. I felt warm rays of sun light hit and tickle the tip of my nose. I slowly opened my eyes and cocked my head to the left, and to the right.

This was Rodney's home. The soft quilted covers, as well as the nice furnishings inside of the room, this was his room.

I slowly lifted myself out of bed, and try to pull myself out of the covers and looked down to my right hand, which was bandaged up . I sigh.
It really wasn't a dream.

The door slowly opens and I see Rodney peer in through the door.

"oh, you're awake." Rodney says as he comes in with a cup of hot milk tea and sets it at my bed side.

I clear my throat.

"Yeah" I pause. "How long have I been asleep."

Rodney takes a seat to my right on the bed.

He lets out a deep sigh, " About 18 hours, you were tossing and turning in your sleep. Even broke out into a cold sweat and had a fever so I slept by you and held your hand...I-I just...couldn't leave you alone."

My heart ached, he's probably never ever seen my like this.

" I'm sorry I caused you so much pain to see me like this."

Rodney intertwined his hand in mine which was bandaged up.

" Don't be you don't ever have to be sorry Gwen. And don't blame yourself either for what happened. You're parents did what they did and could for you because you're their daughter, their child. I hope you can understand that." Rodney gently squeezes my hand in comfort and grabs the tea cup and hands it over to me.

" What's this?" I handle the cup with my left hand.

" oh come on like you wouldn't remember. Smell it silly." Rodney signals to the cup and folds his arms over his chest.

I gently blow into the cup and aromas gently waft into my nose. Notes of vanilla and lavender. I take a swig of the hot milk, it's sweet and tastes of honey.

I smile warmly as the warmth of the milk tea spreads through every fiber of my body.

"You used to make this when we were little all the time." I take another sip, a big gulp this time.

" Took ya long enough. This is my specialty. And here I thought you almost forgot." Rodney smiles warmly to me.

"Hey Rod, where's the parcel that I had with me?"

" Oh! It's right here." He gets up and grabs it from a nice velvet sofa at the corner of his room. He hands it over to me as I set my cup back to the bedside table.

I start to unwrap it and find three notes along with a vile with a iridescent blue almost silvery liquid?

"Woah, what's that in the vile?" Rodney asks as he sits back down next to me.

" I don't know." I unfurl a small note in my fathers writing.
Dear Gwendolyn ,
If you're reading this, then it probably means that your mother and I have passed. I know it must be hard reading this, but know that your mother and I will always love you, and will never leave your side. You're probably wondering how I know that your mother and I already passed and that's because being a seer I have already been having glimpses of the future and of what was to come a gift which you also share with me. In this parcel, there's four things. Three of them being notes one to the headmaster of Hogwarts Dumbledore, to which I'm sure he knows your situation already, but nonetheless, make sure to give this note to him. I already made accommodations for you to be transferred to Hogwarts immediately.
Yesterday was to be the last day for you at Beauxbatons. Another note is to Sirius Black. A very close friend of mine. The last note is for you, but do not open it yet.
       The vile is actually my memory. My memory of the grimoire of Merlin. You see in our family lineage since we're related to Merlin we share this tradition. Everyone has always thought that his grimoire was an actual book when in reality, it was a memory that was passed down to the head of the Wyllt family.
       You are strong Gwen, you have been so loved, and your mother and I will continue to love and look after you even when we're not there. Keep loving and keep being kind to the people around you.
With love, your father, Joshua Wyllt.

P.S That vile should have been transferred over to you when you were to inherit the Wyllt family name as head of the family and the estate. But I'll leave it in your hands now and I suggest you don't inherit the memories of the contents of the Grimoire just yet.

Tears start streaming down my face and I wipe them away as I put the note away. And look to the notes. I look over to Rodney staring intently at me.

" What's wrong? What does the note say?"

I'm pretty sure my father only wanted me to read this note and not let anyone know about the contents of these details, not even Rodney. But, I'll just tell a white lie for now.

"I'm going to Hogwarts."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
A/N: it's 2 AM as I'm writing those oh LORHD. I hope y'all like it so far. Please vote and add comments ! That would be most appreciated :)) I still have no idea how long this will go or who the main love interests will be but only time will tell 👀.