Chapter 5

Pretty soon Ivy seemed to relax as she was in her element and also with her friend, should she need a break from acting fancy. They all walked together and met new people and even took some of the magazines business cards.
"I wanna be a photographer! It looks like so much fun!" Scat said as she spoke with Ivy's photographer.

"And I wanna be a stunt double. Or an actor! Dang I wish you were working on acting instead so I could've met someone in those fields, Ivy!" Terra said as she groaned.

"Sorry hon, but at least you can meet with editors?"

"Yeah, that's true. Who here is a editor?"

"I think he's one?" Ivy pointed at a man in beige pants and a dark grey turtle neck.

"Roger that!" Terra walked off with a happy look on her face towards the man.

Later in the night food was served and handed about. Everyone had a plate of steak that ,as Jessica said "tastes like heaven". Walking up to Hannah and talking  about what she got on her plate Hannah then noticed a man watching the group as they walked and ate together as if he saw someone he knew but wasn't sure.

He seemed to be looking at just one of them but it was hard to tell which one. His eyes were low but seemed to he looking at someone's face so Ivy was not the one as she was the tallest. And Jessica was furthest from the group so it couldn't have been her. Hannah could tell she wasn't the one being stared at. Usually, she gets chills when being watched by anyone.

The man was tall and had a stuffy build to him. His eyes seemed to be studying whatever it was they were looking at as well.

After the few moments of constant staring it looked like the man noticed Hannah as she tried to find who he was watching and he turned away and began to walk. Hannah wanted to know who it was that he was staring at. For some reason she felt the need to know. Was she really that bored at the party to want to harass a man over who he was looking at? Yes. She then, without even thinking about it, walked over and introduced herself to the well dressed fellow with a spartan beard and a tattoo on the back of his neck. She could feel the stares of her friends as she suddenly walked off.

Catching up to him she lightly tapped his arm so he would turn around.

"You can come over and introduce yourself if there's one of us you'd like to meet, you know?"

"No. That won't be necessary. I just thought that I knew one of you ladies for a while there. Pardon my staring. I apologize."

"Oh. Okay then. Well you can still come over if you'd like. Any time you'd like."

"A kind offer but I'll have to decline. I actually can't stay  much longer. I need to find my friend so we can leave."

"If you don't mind me asking-"

"I do."

"Ah... I see. I hope you enjoyed your night, sir." And with that Hannah smiled warmly at the man and walked back to the group.

They were all confused on why she walked off so she explained. Upon hearing her explanation the girls then began to tease Hannah that she walked over to the man just to flirt. Hannah, obviously annoyed, walked off and went to her car to play some music and chill out. She didn't feel like dealing with the girls at all.

Soon though, she heard her passenger door open and someone sat down. She looked over to a small brown skinned, freckled girl. She had a both confused and worried look on her face but was wearing a small smile. Gina simply listened to the music along with Hannah. Nothing was said. Nothing needed to be said. They both understood that just enjoying music in silence was the best option.

Morning began to show as the night retreated. It was five in the morning when Gina checked. Soon they could see people leaving the party. Looks like everyone came with someone.  Groups left together making the party empty way faster than expected. Hannah noticed the girls walking towards the car and so she put on her seat belt and got ready to take off. Gina got back in the back row middle seat so everyone would fit better.

Once everyone was in the ash blue car, without saying anything, Hannah just drove. It would've been a lot more awkward if there was no music playing but there was. The other girls avoided speaking and were on their phones to kill time. Hannah began to drop off the girls at their homes. First was Terra. Then Ivy. Then Scat. Then Jessica. Soon it was Gina's stop.

Gina reached over from her seat and gave her a hug saying sorry in the process. Hannah wasn't the type to get over things quickly but appreciated that someone apologized. She returned the hug and drove off when Gina got out and waved her goodbye. Hannah turned up the volume as she sung along on her way home.