Chapter 7

"It's going to be more than just rough, but hell you can play in the mud before dark, lil sis."

Groaning and getting up to stretch, a pale freckled ginger got out of bed and walked to her bathroom. She stared at herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth and thought about her dream prior to waking up. She felt strange about it.

Getting her products out she sectioned her hair into six section and began to detangle her curly red locks with care. After everything was detangled she began to apply products to her sections and combed it though. Once her hair routine was over with, she went downstairs to greet her folks.

Making herself pancakes, she watched the TV as her parents turned the volume down a tad. Her brother greeted her in his country/irish glory and poured himself a glass of orange juice. He seemed much more well rested than her. Scat told her brother about her dream and he looked at her with a confused look.

"You know, dreamin' about family like that usually happens after they die."

"Well then I guess we'll see." Scat replied sarcastically. Her joke didn't sit well with her brother and neither with her parents.

She headed out the door when she heard the school bus pulling up. Sure. She could've asked Hannah for a ride but she always felt bad about it so in the morning she took the bus as much as possible.

Once she got to her first block she noticed the weird vibe in the class. Everyone must still be on edge about yesterday, she thought to herself. Sitting down, she pulled out her homework and went over it while she waited for the first bell to ring letting everyone know class has started. Class by class, she was running on auto pilot as she went through the motions wanting to just go back home to her bed.

Of couse lunch was when she snapped out of it. Lunch was too noisy to just run on auto pilot. Plus, the girls always ate together and talked. She got herself some much needed food and sat down next to Gina at the table. Gina greeted her and leaned her head on Scat's shoulder. Our ginger simply smiled and laid her head on Gina's as they both waited for the rest of the girls to show up.

Sure, the cafeteria was pretty loud, but the two were more tired than sloths. The others sat down and began to greet Scat and Gina and started a conversation they would soon join in on. The ginger felt herself slowly turning her switch on and began to slowly feel more invested in the conversation and less tired. Looking over at her short friend she could tell she felt the same. Soon they were laughing so much that a teacher had to come over to ask them to quiet down a bit.

The girls were surprised that they were told to quiet down. They didn't care though. That same teacher had to come back a few more times throughout lunch.

"Can that teacher get any more annoying?"

"Excuse me?"

"I was asking if you could get any more annoying but I guess I have my answer!" Terra yelled over everyone in the cafeteria and got up signaling the other girls to follow her.

Hesitantly, the others followed and Hannah whispered a small "Sorry" to the teacher as she stood in disbelief at what she has experienced. The bell then rang and Terra simply left the school not caring about the next block. Scat, Gina, and Jessica went with her as the rest of the girls simply went to their classes. They didn't want to miss any classes.

Walking away from the school, Terra pulled out her vape to try to calm herself. She was really bothered by the teacher. Reaching a Cook Outs she went in and sat down ad the other girls joined her. They all sat there for a while without saying a word towards eachother. Finally, after a long awkwardly silence, Scat decided she has had enough.

"You feel'n better?"

"Mhm."

"Liar, just tell us what ya got so worked up about back there." Jessica quickly added leaning back in her seat looking dead at her.

"Ugh, just an annoying bitch telling me shit. If I wanted to deal with bitches like her I would go home."

"I know your mom is strick but I didn't know it was that bad..." Gina mumbled.

"It's not that it's bad. I just have a low tolerance for annoying people."

"Oh."

"Try not to feel threaten' by her, Gina. She's actually a huge softie!" Scat said playfully as Terra rolled her eyes away from Scat with a small smile.

"Really? Like a teddy bear soft or a cry baby soft?"

"I'd like to think the teddy bear one, right?" Jessica asked, playing along.

"You do know I'm right here, right?" Terra said looking at them.

The girls talked for a few minutes before they were asked to leave if they weren't going to order anything to which Terra simply replied by stating her order. Clearly annoyed, the woman simply shrugged and put in the girls orders.

"We're going to my place when we get our shit. The shakes are to not die on our walk." Terra said.

The girls waited for their shakes and fries and then walked out towards the cross walk heading to Terras home. Sure they wouldn't be there for another forty minutes but they had large shakes for a reason. They walked and talked to keep themselves entertained the whole way there and eventually they arrived to Terra's. Her mother greeted them and invited them in with a smile. Terra made sure they took off their shoes and left them at the door before they continued to the table to sit.

Terra's mother was a wonderful hostess and loved to impress others with her traditional fashioned home. The girls texted in the group chat to let the others know to meet there after school was over. Scat was thrilled to have Korean food made by Terras mother. She used to be a chef some years ago and Scat wanted so see how good her cooking could possibly be.