Chapter 19

"Miss Angela..." a familiar voice said from behind her.

She turned around to see her favorite customer. She doesn't know his name but decided to simply call him "sir" since he's always there talking business with his friends and they all seemed to respect him a great deal. She was just the pretty girl that sat on his lap while they talked business the whole time. He held his hand up to her. She instinctively placed her hand in his ready to be lead to their usual spot in the VIP section.

He stood there for a while, eyeing her up and down and then laid a kiss on top of her hand. Looking up he noticed he made her get flustered. Smirking he began to lead her to the back section. Once his friends noticed them arrive they moved so he could get in his usual spot. Angela sat in his lap and crossed her legs.

As per usual, he talked with his friends about the business as he played with her hair and rubbed her thigh. She just sat there like a trophy. Occasionally she'd kiss his neck and touch his chest as he spoke. Sometimes she'd get up to fetch him his drinks. He didn't care for the waitresses there. Just her.

Once he asked Angela to get the cigarettes from his pocket she knew things would get fun. She was right. He shared everything with her. Money, cigarettes, drinks, pills and actual conversation. He'd give her his undivided attention when she'd play with the buttons on his fancy shirt. He leaned over to her ear.

"How much for you to come home with me?"

Shocked, she pulled her face away from his. Clearly, this wasn't the response he wanted to hear. He cupped her face and asked again not breaking eye contact. He spoke soft and low. Angela looked away and simply told him that she doesn't want anything more than what they already have. He hummed in response and took his hand away placing it back on her thigh. She softly sighed and apologized for disappointing him.

He only turned his eyes to her and smiled in response. She stretched an arm behind his neck and played with his hair. Noticing him smile she placed a finger on his cheek and lightly pressed signaling him to turn his head. Amused, he turned his head to be greeted by a kiss and another apology. This time she sounded a bit playful so he decided to play along.

"Well, if you're really serious then can we compromise?"

"Of course. Your proposal?"

"Your place."

"Ooops. Sorry baby but that's out of the question. Last thing I need is an angry ex showing up at my door in some months."

"Hah. Fine, the car."

"Hmm... better but I'm not free."

"Three hundred. Though if you'd let me take you home it'd be a lot more."

"I bet. I'd rather not sell though."

He signaled her to get up by patting her thigh. His friends all also got up to leave. Walking to the exit with him he let the others go ahead at the door and grabbed her face, forcing her to look up at him.

"Maybe we're not there yet but I'll get you there one of these days." Letting go of her face he straightened his back and offered her the three hundred.

She hesitantly took it and kissed him on the cheek and thanked him for the visit. Smiling he walked off to his car. She walked back inside and headed to the changing room. The next girl showed up on time so she could leave now if she wanted and she definitely wanted to. She digged in her bag for her phone.

Ring Ring

"Aye?"

"Hey! Think you can pick me up from work?"

"Sure. I'm kind of busy right now though. I can be there in an hour?"

"That's fine by me. What are you doing? It's 2 in the morning."

"Night fishing! Sky's perfect tonight for it!"

"I didn't know that was a thing! Can I?"

"Of course! I'll see ya in a bit, okay?"

"Yup! Bye!"

More time to get extra money. She walked back out into the sea of people. Flirting and talking to guys. Thank goodness Jack would take an hour because she was making a pretty good amount. She sat at the bar talking to already too drunk men and they just spoke with money.

Ding

That's her cue to go. She walked off and put all of her money in her duffle and tipped out before leaving out the back door in the kitchen. She ran over to the familiar jeep and hopped in, setting the duffle in the back seat.

"Damn, that's full."

"Yup! I can't wait to count how much I got tonight! Can we stop by the tree house? I want to change into something more comfortable. I have clothes but it's colder that I thought it'd be."

"Yeah no prob. Hey... I was really hoping you'd answer my question from yesterday. Can you?"

"... do we have to talk about it now?"

"Well, if not now then when?"

"...Fine. Pretty bad... blood bad..."

"I see... has it always been like that?"

"Yeah. I still sneak in so I can sleep on an actual bed as often as I can..."

"I'll buy you one."

"Oh no no no! I have the money I just don't know how to fit a decently sized one in that tree house. I'd rather get a nice one that'll last than a shitty one for now. Maybe I'll just buy the mattress actually..." She trailed off.

"If you want a bed to sleep in then just stay in our guest room. My parents know you well enough and Scat loves you so I'm sure they'd agree to let you stay."

"Listen. I don't want others knowing how shit my home life is. I want to make it on my own terms. I want to stay in that tree house and save up enough to pay half the worth of a nice house as a down payment."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted-"

"I know... You're just trying to help... but please leave it alone."

"Okay."