Chapter 12

"He-Hello..?"

"You just woke up didn't you?" Hannah's voice came through her phone.

"Yeah... give me twenty minutes. See you soon." Gina said hanging up stretching out on her mattress.

Rushing through her morning ritual she sprinted towards the parked car at the end of the street. She had to knock on the window so that Hannah would unlock the doors since her and the girls were all stuck in their own worlds jamming out in the car. Everyone began booing Gina since she was late once she got in the car.

She looked at the group with an apologetic look and they all play fought her until Gina said she's had enough. Soon, the group was on their way to their school on the southside.

Taking off towards the school most of them forgot it was only Wednesday. Most had the feeling it was a Friday thanks to the music playing in the car. Most of them were still tired eventhough they were having fun singing along to parodies of popular songs they liked. Gina was one of them.

Sitting down in her first block, our short girl groaned as she unzipped her bag to get her homework out to go over with her class. She glanced over her answers to make sure she was satisfied with them before the class started. Putting away her phone, she got.oht her red pen ready to go over it and self grade it. Her math teacher taught all of them to grade themselves and turn their work by alphabetical order like on the roster so it would make his job a tad easier. She didn't mind. This helped her want hood grades badly. She went over her answered and would self grade with a pencil so she should get a perfect score. This was one of her only classes that she needed to graduate this semester so she wanted to go with the best grades possible.

Soon, everyone was seated and the announcements went on just after the bell. The new principal greeted them and told them their daily school news and what their expectations are for the students before the tardy bell signaled the start of class. The teacher picked a student to go over her answers with the class. They would work it out together on the white board to see if she was right or wrong and to see what the answer was at the end to mark their problem with red pen if it was wrong. To the teacher's delight, only two pens were heard clicking once the answer was determined.

Gina didn't have to mark her paper at all and simply passed her paper to the front when the class was done going over it. As the class progressed the day seemed to go by faster. For some reason, Gina felt as her life was on fast forward. Like things were going by too fast. Maybe it was simply an easy day. But something didn't sit right with her. Sooner than she thought, the bell rang and she was rushing to get her things to go to her next and final class.

"So..?"

"Huh? Uh- sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked you if you're okay?"

"Oh. Yeah. The day went by way to fast for me. Idk. I just feel like I'm still in the process of waking up..."

"Huh, okay. I get what you mean but it was a slow day for me. Had a bunch of class work to do."

"Oh."

"We leaving or waiting for everyone?"

"Uhhh... waiting. I've got nothing to do."

They waited a few minutes for the others to show up. Surprisingly, Gina never even remembered going to her second class. She wabbled as she made her way to the lunch room to wait for her friend group to show up with Jessica. Once they sat down at their table the others began to show up. They got their food first and then sat down just to forget eating with all the talking they were doing.

Gina was already on her phone looking at videos and showing memes she finds funny to the girls when Scat's notifications went off loudly and when she unlocked her phone she regretted taping on her notification.

"What's wrong?"

"... it happened again."

Gina sprung up and looked at Scat's screen to see a video so disturbing she needed to throw up in a trash bin nearby. The other girls just sat there feeling nervous and not wanting to look. Finally, Ivy got the courage to pull up the video on her phone and watched the whole thing.

"I-is that Mr.Herbert from Southwest middle?" Ivy asked out loud.

"Yeah..." Scat replied.

"Wait, why would they do that to some middle school history teacher?" Terra quickly added as she pulled up the video on her own device.

"Is he okay..?" Hannah asked quietly.

"Well, he's alive."

"Okay... is it bad?"

"Do you want to see?"

"No, not at all..."

The girls put away their phones when they noticed how shaken Hannah was due to this. Gina then showed up looking sick and sat down. She noticed Hannah and simply leaned her head on her and held Hannah.

"It's gonna be okay... we might not know who it is but we know it's most likely going after others who wronged them. Like a bully and her bully boyfriend... We've never been cruel to others before. So we're okay."

"Uh... yeah..." Terra said slowly getting nervous. She didn't care much about if she was mean or not so.she knew she was more than rude to those around her.

"Well, you couldn't have done something worse than just have a nasty attitude, right?" Jessica asked.

"No, I'm just verbally a bitch."

"Right. So you're good."

"Yup! We're thinking about this too much. Let's get the fuck out of here!"

"Hannah?"

"Yeah. Let's get out of here."