9

It took me up until Friday night to remember that I had a date with Ryan.

Blair on the other hand, was freaking out over every detail.
Which in turn meant that she was currently standing in my closet trying to find an outfit that would work. 

"B, it's just a date I don't need to dress like I'm attending the met gala." I complained rolling over on my bed to look at her. 

Slight rain pattered on the window from beside me, being the only sound in the room save for Briar's constant huffing.

"It's your guys first real date! And plus if you want him to want you then you might as well prepare beforehand."  That last comment had me choking on my own spit,

"What? It's our first date for god's sake Briar!"  Rolling her eyes, she grabbed some more items from my closet.

"Oh please that boy is so thirsty for you it's kind of sad. I mean you had talked barely twice before he gave you like 6 hickeys at the beginning of the year party."  She did have a point there. 

"Still that doesn't mean that I want to sleep with him tomorrow" 

if he was only asking me out to get in my pants, then he would be very disappointed.

"True, but if you weren't interested in him in that way then you wouldn't be going on this date with him. How does this look?" She said, turning around to face me. 

I inspected the outfit she was holding up. Baggy jeans with a white cropped tank top and a dark green flannel paired with my green jordan's .

"See it's says 'I know how to dress but also this is just our first date so keep your nasty ass hands off of me'" She said with a smile. 

Snorting at her brashness, I nodded in approval.

"Okay I'll admit I like it. Thank you so much for the obsessive help now can we go over to nicks? It's in here.and he said he wanted to hang out" 
She nodded in agreement and pulled me off of the bed in the direction of the common room. Just before she turned the door knob,

I stopped her. "Wait. I'm pretty sure Matt is there." 

"So? Who cares? It's not like he has to dictate our lives now that he's decided to be all weird and ignore our existence." She said clenching her jaw slightly. 

I shifted on my feet and looked up at my best friend. She had yet to talk to me about how she was feeling about the recent developments with Matt, but I couldn't help but notice the look of defeat on her face every time we were around him. 
After all she hadn't just lost the guy she liked, she also lost the person that stuck by her side through everything. 

"He's with Ruby.." I elaborated  Blair only blinked, it being the only sign of her reaction before shrugging,
swinging open the door, and dragging me over to the triplets house.

we knocked on the door and nick greeted us with a smile i then noticed that nick had stained his teeth blue

"nick what the-"
"i know i know i really need your guys help with this asap coz we are filming a video later and i need your help.. also you guys have to film with us tonight"

i just laughed and said "ok ok  i'll help but idk if Blair will be able to be in the vid because her mum needs her home at 10:00"

but blair didn't seem to be looking at nick. Sat in the lounge, was Matt and Ruby their hands intertwined and they were laying on the couch watching a movie. 
I glanced over to Blair to see her dawning that same defeated look once more with glassy eyes. Nick looked at her and back at matt then made an awkward face and just dragged us both upstairs to the bathroom
,almost as soon as we got upstairs nick pushed us both into the bathroom and closed the door and said
"We need to talk" he breathed.