24

I didn't move from my spot on the ground. Couldn't move.

To some extent I saw what lyla was doing. I went to that Christmas party and saw just how ruthless those people were.

I was an obstacle to her achieving whatever weird obsession she had with being popular,or getting with chris.

What angered me most was the thought of what could've been.

Chris and I would be friends..best friends.

I wouldn't look at myself everyday in the mirror and ask why he did it. He wouldn't wonder what made him so unlovable that I thought he had to be fixed.

There would be no going back to that.

I may have figured out why it all started, but everything else after was still just as painful. Each of his insults still stung, each time he brought up my mother as a way of hurting me still echoed in my mind, and our hatred for each other still burned no matter the cause of it.

lyla ruined something that I could never get back.

A knock sounded on the door and instead of moving, I just shouted that it was open.

Alahna opened the door and stepped through, observing the room curiously.

"Hey i just wanted to check in and see how your doing,you left school without saying anything else so i just wanted to check in,But before we talk, can we discuss how nice ur room is,i've been here like a million times and never really appreciated how cool it is "

I snorted and gripped the diary tighter in my hands.

"Blair and Matt are super confused by the way. When we left school they looked like were trying to solve a complicated math equation"

"They aren't the only ones confused" I muttered

She just rose her eyebrows and took a seat across from me, urging me to go on. I took a breath and tossed her the journal.

"Read the last entry"

The room was silent as she read through each damning word. I could feel her grow more confused as she read further. I figured she was done when she looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Shit Quinn. That's harsh."

It was obvious that she was a little uncomfortable. Chris was one of her best friends.

If anyone had written something like this about any of my friends I would've been pissed.

"I didn't write it." I whispered

This only seemed to confuse her more.

"Wait I'm lost. This is your diary right?"

I nodded and rubbed a hand on my forehead.

"lyla. She stole my diary.She wrote that."

Alahna seemed to try and process each of my words.

"lyla...wrote this because she didn't want you to be friends with Chris?"

I shrugged and nodded. She spoke again,

"..Why?"

"She has a weird obsession with becoming the schools 'it girl' or something Chris's quite popular and wealthy. She was on a mission and somehow saw me as a threat"

It all seemed to hit her at once,

"That bitch" She gasped, shooting to her feet.

"She came in claiming that you attacked her. That bitch. She's the reason for everything!"