13

Quinn Chalmers

I was tired.

Tired of fighting.

Physically,mentally and Verbally.

So when Chris walked up to our table during lunch , I was not in the mood.

"Yes?" I asked poking idly at my food on my plate.
I know that I should be a bit less bitchy, but exhaustion weighed so heavily on my shoulders that I couldn't form the correct words right now. 

"We still have the assignment due tomorrow. You may be slow, but you still have to pull your weight. I won't do your part just because you don't want to."

"Do you ever look back on what you say in conversations and think to yourself 'why am I such a raging asshole?'" I muttered slamming down my fork.

He rose an eyebrow and smirked at my outburst. "I see you're ready to play today, Princess. See you in the library in 15" Once he walked away I let out a frustrated noise and strangled him with my mind.

"I think I see a vein popping out of your forehead" Matt joked

My head shot over to my friends who were watching me in an amused way.

"Oh you two like making observations today? Fine let's observe how you guys are making the most disgustingly lovey dovey faces at each other over the table while I'm trying to enjoy my lunch" I smiled

Blair smacked me on the arm, her face turning pink.
Matt just shrugged saying that it was pretty fair.

"Seriously though, are you okay?" Nick asked after moment.

No.
I don't know.
I'm tired.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just been a long week." I shrugged all of them nodded in agreement.

Although I was constantly being swarmed by my own tormenting thoughts, being back to our normal group made me somehow feel like everything would be okay.

A few minutes passed before I stood up from the table,

"I've got to go spend a miserable hour in the library so I will see you guys later" nick and Alahna nodded and waved goodbye
Blair and Matt seeming too caught up in each other to care about my absence.

I was honestly really happy for them, no one deserved it more than they did, but a part of me worried that it might to get lonely being secondary in their presence.

Just as I stepped out of the Great Hall, someone ran up to me and grabbed my arm. My eyes widened and I ripped my arm out of Ryan's grip. His breathing was unsteady,

"Quinn. I've been looking for you everywhere. Listen, that wasn't me yesterday.I'm so sorry for what happened." I already knew that he was full of shit i just didn't have enough energy to kick his ass right now.

"I've actually got somewhere to be so if you'd excuse me..." I muttered going to walk again but was stopped when he grabbed my arm once more.
"Wait.Quinn Please give me another chance. I promise you that everything will go perfectly this time" He pleaded

Empty promises.

The thought of going out with him and feeling his hands on me made me want to curl up and die.
"I'm sorry but i would rather go on a date with mr edderson then even consider ever going out with you ever again. like i said i've got somewhere to be."

"But don't you want to at least try. We were having so much fu-" He started tightening his grip on my arm. He didn't get to finish though, because someone ripped his hand off of me.