Meeting the first witness

*Dick pov. *

"How about we start with the witnesses who reported seeing him last." Dick said. "That would be a great." Kaldur said, making Dick smile. He already figured out what type of people they were and what their relationships with the team were: it was obvious that Aqualad was the leader and the most responsible one; Miss Martian was an extreme people pleaser the whole time she was here she didn't say anything really ground breaking but she kept the kind smile on her face; Superboy had anger issues that much was clear, he couldn't stop glaring (except at Miss Martian who he guested was his girlfriend); Artemis well Dick knew her al to well since they went to the same high school, she had her own temper and trust issues; Zatanna was a smart person with a lot of confidence; lastly Kid Flash he was very childish and tried to act all macho but deep down he just wanted people to pay attention to him.

Dick signed for them to follow him, he leaded them to the file closet and took out the file with people who encountered Nightwing. Even though all those people we're saved by Nightwing they never told the police what he looked like, which meant they had his back. Dick was really glad about those type of people. "Ok, so the last person that was saved by Nightwing is Rowan Sims." Dick couldn't help but grin at the name on the file. He knew Rowan very well, she's a nice person and mostly kind to everyone (except if you piss her off), but she had autism, ADHD and a type of social anxiety (A/N: so, Rowan is inspired by me so if her description later on will hurt your feelings, I'm sorry that's how I describe myself). She also was a close friend of him since she used to live next to him with her father, but when her father died, she went to live on her own.

*Team pov. *

The mind-link wasn't even a second quiet on their way to this Rowan Sims's apartment. Earlier they took the police mini-van, so they could all fit in. 'Ok so why were you panicking earlier Arty.' The speedster asked knowing that the nickname probably pissed her off. 'Well kid mouth, like I said he knows the civilian Artemis. What if he recognizes me?' Artemis replied. 'Don't worry about that if he does you can just explain it to him.' Kaldur said trying to calm down the archer. 'This whole job is a joke. Why do we even need the help of this guy.' Conner complained again. 'I know right it's like the Justice League doesn't think we're able to figure out Nightwing by ourselves.' Wally added to Conner's complaint. 'My friends I'm sure detective Grayson is capable of helping us.' Kaldur thought(/said????) "We've arrived." Detective Grayson said. 'Okay team let's do this.' Kaldur said encouraging the team. The team nodded and followed Dick to the front door of the apartment.

*Everyone pov. * (A/N: I'm sorry about all the pov. changes)

Dick was the first one to arrive in front of the door. He clicked on the bell next to the nametag that said 'Rowan Sims'. "Who's this?" a voice from the other side of the bell asked. "It's Dick, I'm here together with some heroes to ask you about Nightwing." Dick said in a kind voice. Instead of answering the beeping sound just rang and the door was open. Dick sighed and pushed the door open walking to the first floor apartment 2. When he knocked on the door a woman opened which confused the team. 'I thought Rowan is a boy's name.' 'I thought so to.' "Dick!" The girl they supposed was Rowan yelled, while giving Dick a hug. "Hey Rowan did you hear why we're here?" Rowan smile slightly faded and made a sign for them to follow her. "Dick you're one of my best friends but, no." She said, confusing everyone on the team. "I'm not selling out someone who saved me more than once." Dick nodded understandably. "Look miss we really need this information, we don't mean any harm to Nightwing we just wanna know where Nightwing is and who he is." Artemis said getting kind of annoyed at the girl. "Oh, you've ever heard about privacy. Clearly not cause if you did you wouldn't want to find out someone's identity when they clearly don't want you to find out." Dick knew that she wasn't really angry, but she just got very annoyed. 'Who the hell does she think she is!' Artemis yell/thought. 'Calm down Artemis we need to keep calm.' Kaldur said trying to calm down his teammate. 'Megan, can you see a mental picture in her mind, since she's thinking about Nightwing right now?' Kaldur asked the Martian, 'I thought I wasn't supposed to read someone's mind?' 'Normally you're not allowed, but this is important and we need this information. Just make sure she doesn't notice you.' Kaldur convinced her. No one thought this was a good idea, but the idea even got worse when Rowan started shaking and sank to her knees. Dick was quick to come to her side. "What is happening to you Rowan?" He asked her his voice containing lots of worry for his friend. "I don't know I just got a huge headache, it hurts very bad." She said her voice being contained of pain. "Come I'll take you to your bedroom." Dick said while helping her up and leading her to her room. 'What happened Megan?' Artemis asked her, 'I don't know I indeed got the picture, but there was a mark of a previous telepath.' The team understood now.

After Dick came back, they did some more people. Dick seemed even more warry of them. The results were never the same everyone saw something else and the picture never was the same. At the end of the day they bid they're goodbye's and decided to meet at 9:00 AM. So they all left not expecting to meet each other very soon again.