the attack

*September 06; Unknown location ; 11:30 A.M.*

*Deathstroke pov.*

Deathstroke or Slade Wilson really didn't want to do this. The light had paid him a lot of money to deliver Nightwing to them, the reason why he didn't want to do this: The Young Justice team. They wouldn't hard to take down but they would be troublesome.

He also got a partner for this mission much to his dislike of the idea. Her name was Cheshire, the daughter of Sports-master. This was going to be a long mission and a big drag. He sighed and got ready, today was going to be a big drag.

*September 06; Coffee shop in Blüdhaven; 3 P.M.*

*Dick pov.*

Dick thought back at the day before while stirring his coffee, they did everything they planned and had lots of fun. They all made Dick agree to come Friday evening for family game night, something Dick happily obeyed.

The reason why he was in a coffee shop is because he agreed to meet up with Rowan. Rowan had always been a good friend of his, but they almost never asks him to meet up on the day she calls. So, this whole meetup was kinda strange.

Dick was pulled from his thoughts when he heard someone come in, Rowan. She sat down and smiled sadly at him which made his suspicions that something was wrong even stronger.

"Hey Dick, so the reason I asked you to come is because I noticed something strange." Rowan started, like always getting straight to the point.

"What is this something strange?" Dick asked his friend with concern.

"You know the superhero team that came to interrogate me about Nightwing?" Rowan continued.

Dick sighed and nodded; how could he forget they infiltrated her mind. They really have never heard of privacy.

"Well, I did some research and I found out they work together with the Justice League. And well a few years some people told me a rumor of some Justice League members fighting Batman. Maybe they are here to fight Nightwing since they are very similar." Rowan theorized.

Dick was convinced she was wrong, if they wanted to fight him, they probably would have physically attacked him already. But she was right the leaguers did fight Batman because he didn't want to cooperate, would they do the same.

"Rowan don't worry, Nightwing is strong and he'll be able to protect himself. Have some faith." He calmed them down.

"I guess you're right." She spoke.

"You know?" She asked mischievous.

"I don't know anything." Dick replied making Rowan roll their eyes.

"The library is reopened." They said exited.

Dick smiled and drunk his coffee quickly. He grabbed his jacket and leaded Rowan out of the coffee shop.

*Somewhere in Blüdhaven; 6 P.M.*

After going to the library with Rowan Dick dropped them of at her house and went on home. When he arrived back, he could hear the voices of the team from the other apartment.

He quickly want over to his desk and started to work. When he suddenly got the feeling, someone was watching him. His guess was that the person watching him was on the roof that had a perfect view of his apartment. He already knew what to do, pretend to not notice and move to a spot they couldn't see you and put on his suit and go to that roof, simple right.

He did as he planned, he made sure the person wouldn't get suspicious of him using a hologram as a fill in.

As he came out if his apartment, he finally saw who this mystery person was. Deathstroke.

"Hey Slade, how's it going? You know it's kinda rude to spy on people." Nightwing said.

"You know Grayson, I'm disappointed in you. If I didn't already know your secret identity I'd known for sure now." He answered smugly.

"You are not the person to judge me, you know." Dick said unimpressed, he knew Deathstroke all to well. During is time as Robin Slade captured him to make him his apprentice, Slade's training was even more brutal than the one he got from his dad.

Even though Dick was chatting with Deathstroke he was well aware that Deathstroke had a partner hiding in the shadows.

"You know I never would've guessed you'd work together with the assassin Chesire." Dick said shocking Chesire and making Slade grin.

"Cloud say the same about you. The young Justice team really? If you joined them, it would be such a waste for your talents." Slade said.

"Well, they've noticed I'm out and talking to a criminal so they'll be here any second now." Dick said as he winked. Just as he said the team landed next to them striking a superhero pose.

"Still clever as ever." Slade growled. "Chesire, you take the team I'll take Nightwing." He ordered Chesire, making her roll her eyes.

Everyone started their battle. The young justice team immediately split up and started fighting Chesire. She was strong/clever but couldn't handle everyone so she called for back-up. Who occupied the rest of the team, while she fought with Artemis and Wally.

Dick and Slade were also going hard, you could hear Slade's swords clash together with Dick's escrima sticks. Dick was looking for openings in Slade's defense while using his surroundings to dodge the assassin's attacks. Deathstroke combination of defense and offense made the whole fight even more difficult.

Dick studied the movements and quickly discovered which attack pattern he was using. It was one they used a lot in the middle ages, it was mainly focused on defense but also gave a lot of attack opportunities. The fighting style also confirmed Dick's suspicion, Slade wasn't here to kill him but to capture him.

*Deathstroke pov.*

Deathstroke knew that Nightwing was on to them, he wouldn't have expected less of him. But to defeat Dick Grayson or to push him over the line is very different than other people.

If you do enough physical/emotional damage anyone would crack, well Slade did that to Dick when he was Robin. It scared him but not enough to break him, even after beating him over and over again he still didn't stop making puns and rebellious actions.

If you really wanted to defeat him, you'd have to strike his hart. Not literally, but Nightwing had a way to big hart. If you hurt or threaten people he cares deeply for, you'll be able to push him further and further over a line he doesn't want to cross.

Now that is not the only weakness/strength of him, he also wants to save everyone. Slade could use this all to well here. If he threatens to kill everyone in the stupid apartment building of him, he'll come with them, without a fight.

"Nightwing, you know we could keep on fighting or you could just surrender yourself." Slade said confusing Nightwing.

"Why would I do that." Dick asked while striking to an open point in his attacker's defense.

"If you don't the bombs, that one of the assassins planted while you were busy fighting with me, will go off and kill everyone here." Slade said smirking at the distressed face Nightwing made.