the beginning

*Dick pov.*

*September 08; unknown location; 7:A.M.*

When Dick woke up again, he had no idea where he was or how late it was, he didn't even know the date. He looked around and observed he was in a room without any windows and only a small lamp that lit up a small part of the room.

He felt extremely sick and as if all his energy was taken away from him. His arms and legs felt as if they could fall of any second. The fact that he was hungry and cold didn't help at all.

His head hurts like crazy as he tried to remember what previously happened: first he got kidnapped by the LIGHT, then they were talking about cloning him and lastly Slade offered to take him with him so he'll have his apprentice again.

He finally looked down to his body and wasn't all that surprised when he noticed little tubes filled with his blood coming out of his arms. The cloning process had started, but didn't they need more DNA like his arm or something like that.

Suddenly a screen (he could previously not see because of the darkness) lighted up and showed the face of someone who looked an awful lot like a deranged scientist.

"Ah mister Grayson you're awake, great!" The man's voice sounded like nails scratching on a blackboard.

"I'm happy to see that the cloning process didn't leave any damage to your body, your new teacher would kill me if you would lose an arm or something." The man went referring to Slade as Dick's teacher making him feel even more sick.

"Of course, your copy won't be an exact replica but it'll be close enough to destroy The Young Justice Team." The scientist went on not noticing the smirk that had formed itself on Dick face.

The scientist seemed smart but he just told Dick the reason why he was kidnapped, not the smartest move, not at all.

"So that's why you cloned me, because the almighty LIGHT can't even take out a bunch of young adults, heck you couldn't even take them out when they were teens." Dick taunted him.

"I mean I'm kinda questioning the LIGHT's power, they need another young adult who's even younger than the team to take them out. I don't even have powers like them." Dick went on.

"Silence you insolent brat!" the scientist screamed his whole face red from anger. "You know what let's see if you'll still smirk after my new serum!" The scientist said and the tubes that were giving him blood (after they probably took more from him), stopped giving him blood and now some white substance flowed inside his body.

The cold that Dick was feeling earlier now changed to unbearable warmth, he felt as if his insides were on fire. He started coughing and felt the blood being spit out of his mouth. He wanted to scream but didn't find the energy. He couldn't breathe properly and his head felt like it was going to explode. He knew how to fight the toxin of but he couldn't do it for long since he barely had energy for it.

After 32 minutes of absolute pain, Dick was consumed by darkness as he passed out from exhaustion.

*Batfamily pov.*

*September 08; Gotham; 07:31 A.M.*

"I don't need sleep!" Tim yelled at his father who just told him to go to sleep.

Bruce was worried about all his sons and none of them slept since the search of his eldest began. He knew the LIGHT would do something to Dick, probably clone him since that was their style, but what would happen to him. Would they kill him when they were done or since Deathstroke works with them he would maybe take Dick as his apprentice again.

"I know you're worried Timmy, we all are but you not sleeping won't help your brother." Bruce argued with his son, glad the team had left a few hours prior. Before Tim could reply Bruce hugged him, stroking the back of his head.

Tim knew this technique all too well both his father and oldest brother used this type of hug to calm him down, but now it just made him miss his brother more.

"Please just go to sleep, or I'll have Alfred drug you with sleeping meds like he did with your other siblings." Bruce said with a smirk.

An hour earlier Alfred came down with a platter full of cookies almost everyone ate them except Tim and Bruce who were to busy, turns out they were sleeping cookies.

Tim sighed in defeat and put up his hands to show his surrender, making Bruce smile at him. He was more than content that he persuaded his son to get some rest.

"Ok, go to bed Timmy. I'll wake you and your other siblings when I have located Dick, it won't take until 3 o'clock I think so we'll go there and invade it tonight." Bruce suggested.

"Thanks dad." Tim thanked him; the thanks was temporarily interrupted by a sudden yawn, to Tim's annoyance.

As soon as Tim left Bruce dropped his façade of calmness, he immediately switched from calm but worried father to extremely worried and anxious father. He knew Dick was strong and was more than capable of taking care of himself but it still didn't change the fact that he was terrified.

Suddenly he remembered the first time Dick had been kidnapped, although the first time wasn't because he was a vigilante (he already was Robin), no it was because they would ask ransom for boy. Bruce had been so angry and terrified he broke more than 10 mugs.

During Dick 'rebellious face' Bruce had been such a helicopter parent, Dick started taking even more unnecessary risks. Lucius had told him not to put a 'leash' on his son even if he was worried. He also told Bruce about how Luke also acted like that (although Luke wasn't a vigilante back then) and how he survived all the worry.

Bruce shoved these memories out of his head, this was nothing like that. Bruce would do anything to be able to strangle his eldest in a bone crushing hug and tell him he could be a real idiot sometimes.

Before Bruce noticed it a tear or two spilled from the sides of his eyes.