twelve ; SHOT OF DANGER

"Walk beside me

"Walk beside me... just be my friend."

     "DO YOU THINK they'll find her?"

     "They will. Daryl's a great tracker."

     "They couldn't find her the first time. That's why more people went today."

     "She's out there. They'll find her. We just need to trust that they will."

     Dale sits opposite Primrose in the living area of the RV. A bright pink towel rests on his shoulder as he holds Rosemary upright, and softly hits her back. He's been burping her for at least 30 minutes after Primrose wasn't able to do it herself. T-Dog is occupying the bed in the RV after Primrose practically shoved him in there once she saw the new state of his cut, and Luv is in there with him, doing what he can to help him. The rest of the group had gone out in search of Sophia, hoping to find her before nightfall. She has no words for what Carol is going through, but she knows that if she lost Rosemary right now, she'd comb through those woods from morning to night looking for her, just like Carol is doing.

     "You still haven't told me what Jim told you," Dale reminds her suddenly. "When we left him."

     Primrose sighs heavily as she plays with her pinky finger. "Why do you want to know?"

     "Because you came back pretty distraught. I want to make sure you're okay," he answers.

     She looks up at Dale, who is watching her with earnest eyes. She can trust him, she knows she can. He knew Jim just as much as she did. She can trust Dale. So, she pulls out the necklace that he'd given her from her pocket. Primrose hasn't had the heart to put it on, not when the grief is still quite fresh. Still, she dangles it in front of them both, and watches sadly as the heart pendant twirls in circles.

     "Said he wants me to have this."

     "Is that all he said?"

     She shakes her head. "He said he wants me to live. For myself, Rosemary, and all of you guys. He told me that this is what's left, and I have to live for that."