forty-one ; SMOKE

     TODAY IS THE day

     TODAY IS THE day. Today things change. Like most times, it's all about survival. Today, though, survival will come through a means of killing. Today, the people of the prison must decide if they'll become prowling foxes or vulnerable bunnies. Primrose hopes for the former.

     Rick is standing before them, gun around his waist and dirty boots on his feet. He's given them a speech, which is something he seems to be giving them more of now. He purses his lips and breathes in deeply, "We'll win this if we stick to the plan. If we work together, we can make sure the Governor and Woodbury never come back."

     Primrose usually claps at the end of speeches. Due to the perilous state they're in, it's probably not the best thing to do at the moment.

     "So, let's all go get ready."

     Clatters and the shuffling of boots immediately follows Rick's words. Primrose has finished packing already. There wasn't much to begin with in all honesty. Just clothes, all of Rosemary's items, her breast pump, Dale's gift, and her photo album. She used to have so much before. Most would've called her materialistic. If she were to meet that version of herself again, she'd probably say the same thing. It's strange how it's all dwindled down. Primrose has been quite content with what she has. She can't imagine it any other way.

     "Ready?" Glenn asks from the doorway.

     "I think so," Primrose says as she takes a deep breath. "We don't have much to pack."

     Glenn walks towards her and wraps his arms around her waist. She returns the gesture, putting her arms around his neck. Primrose knows she won't lose him today. She has a feeling they will all get out of this unscathed. Still, she hugs him with the ferociousness a lover would have when faced with mortality. Things can change, despite the crummy, foul-smelling armor he'll be wearing.

     "We'll be fine," Glenn whispers into her ear.

     "We better be. I didn't learn how to use all those guns for nothing."