fourteen ; THE GREENE-HOUSE

"We'll be safe and sound

"We'll be safe and sound."

     NOW, PRIMROSE WANTS to make it clear — she doesn't do crushes

     NOW, PRIMROSE WANTS to make it clear — she doesn't do crushes. She has them, of course (hello, Leonardo DiCaprio!?), but she doesn't act on them. The reason? If someone finds out that she has a crush on them (almost all manifesting due to their looks), they should be the ones bending backwards if they want it to continue. Does it make her a bitch? Maybe — but it's true! She would've never gotten with her first boyfriend if he didn't bring her a bouquet of flowers every day when he found out, or when her little 6-month fling bought her a bracelet as a token of appreciation for her many skills. Her crushes evolved and continued from the admiration shown to her, not because she genuinely found them somewhat interesting.

     Yet, as she lies in bed, the only things in her mind are the fact that she knows Rosemary will wake up in a few minutes for a feeding and Glenn. Glenn, Glenn, Glenn — his name rolls off her tongue so easily, as if it were made to say it. Glenn, Glenn, Glenn. His cheeks burned bright red after she kissed his cheek, and she cannot stop thinking of the loopy smile that appeared afterward. It's all she's been thinking about, which makes her feel astronomically shitty, well, with everything going on. (Otis, Carl, Sophia, Carol). But, she still lies on the cot of the RV — which Dale drove back mere hours before — with her own loopy smile.

     Is this a crush? It has to be! Is this not what Jenna felt with Matt in 13 Going On 30? Sure, the situations aren't too comparable now, but the feeling of yearning she felt through the screen while watching it with Sam over a bucket of ice cream is what she feels for Glenn. She yearns for him the way the two characters did for each other. It's embarrassing, really, now that she thinks about it. But, it's true. It was never the hormones. It was all her. Primrose Black likes Glenn Rhee, and she hopes with all her heart that he likes her back, too.

     Rosemary begins to cry, and Primrose springs up from her position. "Rosie," she whispers. "I've got you, honey. Don't worry." She pulls down her shirt and leans against the headboard, letting Rosemary eat. They stay like that for some time until the newborn weans off and begins to move in Primrose's arms. She knows Rosemary won't go back to sleep, and she knows she won't either. So, instead of waiting for everyone else to wake up, Primrose slips on her shoes, wraps Rosemary in a blanket, and walks out of the RV.