thirty-two ; MEMORIES

"The past beats inside me like a second heart

"The past beats inside me like a second heart."

     IN A WORLD full of the unimaginable, Oliver Black can't help but feel wary

     IN A WORLD full of the unimaginable, Oliver Black can't help but feel wary. Wary of life, death, newcomers.

     The new people, the ones they rescued: Andrea, Michonne, and Ethan, make him uneasy. More specifically, Michonne and Ethan. They live like they're still out there. Like they have to watch their back. He's tried to reason with it. Old habits die hard. Still, the way they watch the citizens of Woodbury as if they're full of reasons to not trust them irks Oliver.

     They're good people. Why can't the two see that?

     The Governor is going out of his way to make the trio feel welcome. More specifically, Andrea, the blonde. Oliver can see he enjoys spending time with her and he is not one to judge. More power to him. Still, Oliver thinks it's unwise to warrant these people so much attention. There's still people here that need their leader's help. So, why is he helping out people who don't even want to be here?

     Either way, it doesn't matter. Oliver knows they're itching to leave. Soon, he won't have to deal with their cold, judging eyes or the way they practically itch to have a weapon on their sides. Comfort above all else, according to his mom. So, with them gone, then-

     From the cobblestone he was walking on, he feels a hard hand grab hold of his jacket. Oliver attempts to squirm away, but the person has a strong grip on him. He gets slammed against the brick wall, despite the fight he attempts to put up. Yet, when his eyes focus on his attacker and he realizes it's Ethan, he stops squirming. He goes cold and still.

     Then, he feels the sharp blade underneath his chin. He looks into Ethan's hostile eyes, and Oliver can already feel that this ordeal won't be pretty.

     "Son of a bitch," mutters Ethan angrily. "Brought us here to turn to walker bait, huh? Thought you had it all figured out?"

     "What the hell are you talking about!?"

     "I found 'em. The walkers. Y'all have them trapped in cages." The blade presses further into Oliver's skin. "You really thought we wouldn't find 'em?"