fifteen ; HEART TO HEART

"So it's true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love

"So it's true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love."

     THE SUN RAYS are what wake Primrose first

     THE SUN RAYS are what wake Primrose first. She squints her eyes at the crack of light that is hell-bent on blinding her as she stretches her arms above her head, her fingers touching the headboard. She licks her dried lips and her hands form into balls, so she can rub her eyes. Last night was tough. Rosemary continuously woke up. Sure, she fell asleep after she received the care she needed, but being awoken every hour was not something Primrose really enjoyed.

She stays in the bed for a few more minutes before she slowly gets up. She's careful not to disturb Rosemary. (She wants to wake her at the last possible minute.) Primrose stretches further, a soft groan escaping her mouth as she does so. She turns to the corner of the room and collects the clothes she wore the day before. She cringes as she raises the black, halter top up in the air. It's not that she doesn't like it. In fact, it's one of the few pieces of clothing she has that she actually likes. The thing is she's worn this for the past week already, and she feels dirty. Maggie already offered her to give her a few shirts she has left, and Primrose gratefully accepted, but the Greene has been busy with going on runs with Luv.

(Who — by the way — has been acting awfully strange since going. She doesn't know what's wrong with him, but she'll figure it out.)

She finishes getting dressed before running her fingers through her hair. Primrose attempts to calm down the wild knots of hair on top of her head, but she doesn't think it works. So, she grabs the hair tie on her wrist and uses it to put her hair in a low ponytail. She'll deal with the knots when she needs to. It doesn't have to be now.

Slowly, Primrose lays back down on the bed beside Rosemary. Primrose smiles as she rests her eyes on her daughter. God, she fucking loves this little human. She loves her eyes, her nose, her hands, everything. She loves everything about Rosemary. It is absolutely indisputable that Rosemary holds her heart and will have it forever. That is the truth, and no one that comes along can change that. Primrose's top priority will always be Rosemary, despite what happens. She lifts her finger up and slowly lowers it onto Rosemary's snub nose. She runs it up and down, an attempt to wake her up as well as admire her. It works as Rosemary scrunches her nose and stretches her arms upwards, just as Primrose did. Her eyes flutter open and the first thing they turn to is Primrose.