𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟓

for the fifth consecutive day, adriana woke up at the lakes, grateful for the new horizon. she was surprised to see lando awake, alone by the darkened fireplace. she was even more surprised to see him snuffling and wiping his eyes.

"lando, you okay mate?"

"what?" he looked up, gaining eye contact with the canadian. "oh, i'm okay, i'm okay. there's definitely nothing wrong with me at all!"

"lando,"

"yes?"

"what's wrong? you know you can tell me. i promise you i won't tell anyone,"

with this, lando just broke down. tears flowed from his eyes like a waterfall, and immediately adriana went to his side and comforted him.

"i just miss my mum. i call her everyday, so to not hear her voice for so long has just messed with my brain."

"oh, lando. that's completely normal to feel, and i'm missing my family too. i can see exactly where you're coming from, it is natural. i am sure that she's missing you too, lando, but you know she'll be watching this from home. your whole family will be," whilst saying this, she stroked his hair and pulled him in for a hug in an attempt to calm him down.

after hearing the commotion, the boys were confused to wake up and for lando to not be there. concerned about their best mate, alex and george took a walk to the main camp, closely follwed by pierre and charles. charles saw adriana comforting lando, and couldn't help but feel somewhat jealous that he wasn't where lando was. but, he also felt a little bit of warmth, as one day it could potentially be him she holds on to.

"is everything alright?" george questioned, concerned about his friend.

"it will be. just missing family," lando whispered, wiping his eyes with the back of his palm.

"one minute, i just need to go get something," adriana spoke softly, not wanting to startle the younger man. "look after him until i come back, yeah?"

adriana practically sprinted to her room, where all the girls were still asleep, unaware of what was going on in the outside world. she roamed through her things, finding the portable cd player (battery operated). she searched for the taylor swift cd's, eventually finding 1989. she then ran back out, placing it on one of the stumps. all of the boys looked baffled, as she skipped many songs until she was satisfied with the song choice.

"i'm gonna end up taking the genuine piss out of myself, but if it puts a smile on your face then i really don't give a shit."

"i stay out too late, got nothing in my brain, that's what people say, mmm, that's what people say, mmm,"

"i go on too many dates, but i can't make them stay, at least that's what people say, mmm, that's what people say, mmm" as if by magic, hailey wandered over to the group, finishing adriana's sentence. she noticed lando's face, and knew exactly what the canadian was planning on doing.

the rest of the song was beautifully performed by the woso iconic duo of hailey pettitt and adriana hendrix. by the bridge, lando was fully committed to singing and dancing with the girls, brightening his mood like the moon does to night. by the time the rest of the girls arrived, they just stood alongside the rest of the boys, mildly entranced by the performance. the bell soon rung for breakfast, and they all were appreciative of olive and george being camp chefs and making the start of their day a good one. it got close to lunch when alex found a note, stating that they could leave for a certain sum of money.

"right, so if you leave today you will get... £250,000."

"yeah, adriana would take it to pay for the boys to stay over at her place for the night," hailey joked, only to find no one laughing at it.