𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟕

day 17 was primarily uneventful leading up to dinner. little activities occurred and as a result there was little to note.

"olive you've made dinner practically everyday, do you want me to do it today for you?" adriana questioned, willing to put pressure off of the dutch.

"if you don't mind, that would be nice."

"of course i don't mind! if i did i wouldn't have offered. just to preface, i am not the greatest chef, so don't expect a michelin star meal from me."

the basket was delivered, containing beef, potatoes and eggs. she took it upon herself and started to cook the bacon first, waiting for the meal to finish before telling people what it was.

"angelo mio, what is that?" charles commented, unaware of what was for dinner, walking over to refill his water flask.

"it's beef...?"

"oh."

"oh?"

"it doesn't really look like it. that was probably the last thing i would've guessed,"

"well us canadians do things differently then." she responded, bitterness lacing her voice ever-so-slightly.

"couldn't you just do it like the normal way? not thick?"

"well, charles, if you're that fucking bothered, do it yourself. i offered to give olive the morning off and seemingly it's backfired. i'm so fucking sorry for doing bacon the way that i was taught."

"adr-"

"don't start the apologies now, leclerc. you've said enough."

she handed him the spatula and then walked to the cabin, shutting the door harshly. she left to be consumed in her own thoughts, anger fuelling them as he insulted something that was a family tradition. she heard 3 pathetic knocks, the door opening a small amount.

"i know you're upset, angelo mio, but please just listen to me, please," he pleaded, hating himself for the lack of care in his previous actions. he closed the door gently behind himself. "let me talk,"

his hand brushed against hers, a slight spark igniting in his chest. it soon was shut down when her fingertips immediately retracted from his soft grip.

"i think you've spoken enough, charles. leave me alone."

"my beauty, please, it's all i ask. you don't have to talk to me for the rest of the night. or for the rest of the week, if you're wanting to be picky."

"fine. you can talk, boy. what you did fucking hurt, though," she turned around, facing him, tears brimming when she caught his eyes.

"i know, sweetheart, i know. i am so idiotic and stupid for what i said," he got up and sat on the edge of her bed, his thumb circling the back of her hand, being as delicate like she was a treasure. "i don't even know why i did that, to anyone, never mind you. i care about you so so much, adri. saying sorry doesn't even cover the amount of guilt i have about it. i hope we can get back on the right path soon, beautiful. i'll leave you alone now," he sighed, pressing a small kiss to her right temple. "but you know where to find me if you ever need some company."

reluctantly, he got up, and walked towards the door of the cabin.

"charles?" she beckoned, after little thought once he finished his apology.

"yes, angelo?"

she got up, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head against his chest. hearing the dull yet fast thumps of his heartbeat, her eyes closed, grateful to be close to him. "you're lucky i care for you too,"

"oh, darling, i know. i'm probably the luckiest guy in the world," he grinned whilst pulling her closer, rubbing his and up and down her triceps. "i've not felt your lips on mine today. i miss the butterflies exploding in my stomach whenever you tug on the ends of my hair. i miss the feeling of my legs giving in when you close the non-existent gap between our bodies."

"charles, you're making me redder than ferrari, but please just shut up and kiss me,"

"whatever you want, amour, you'll get."

he closed the gap between the two and he pushed her down, propping her up against his knee. they neither felt this passion before between the two of them, fires alighting and burning deep in their hearts. it continued to intensify when he brought her back up and held her waist tightly, knuckles lightening to a certain extent. he didn't dare let go; the thought of letting her leave caused his heart to drop. he despised the idea. he got her where he wanted her to be, and he couldn't let this one go. his adoration for the woman soared every time he was in the vicinity of her company, a childish grin often accompanying his face.

he smiled into the kiss, unwillingly moving himself back to allow oxygen to flow into his trachea. "i think i really, really like you,"

"i never would've guessed that, pretty boy, especially after how my brain is now mush after that kiss."

"no but seriously, i am practically on the floor face-planting whenever i see you. in so little time you mean so much to me and i don't know how i've ended up wrapped around your pinky."

"i'm not very good at explaining stuff but i'm down and i'm down bad. like, real bad. i can't imagine being in this crazy fucking scenario without you being by my side." they both laughed in the comfortable silence.

"well, i'm glad. that we both feel the same way,"

"so am i. let me sleep, pretty boy, i think everything today has made me ridiculously tired."

"okay, angelo. dream of me, won't you?" he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, holding her head gently whilst laying her down on her pillow.

"don't worry, handsome, i will,"

"good girl. sleep well,"

he left the cabin, a wide smile upon his face. he explained that adri would be having an early sleep, and the rest played arguably the world's quietest game of pool possible before heading in for the night.