𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟗

the sun rose for another day in cumbria, where the lakes took place. hailey, georgia and olive where those of the girls awake, whilst george and alex were awake for the boys. charles was also awake, but couldn't face going through to the rest of the group in that moment. maeve soon awoke, and she decided to talk to adriana about yesterday's events.

"hey, adri," she lightly shook the girl. "it's time to wake up,"

"5 more minutes,"

"come on, adri. after yesterday i think it would be good to get some proper breakfast into you. how are you feeling? i'm so sorry about what happened, i wouldn't wish it to my worst enemy,"

"well, i'm drained. but apart from that a little scared, as i don't know how they will react,"

"yesterday was awkward after charles said something. but you could tell they all were apologetic, and were annoyed at their actions. even if they wouldn't want to admit it, charles was right in what he spoke."

"okay, i suppose i'll get up. can you see who's awake from the window?"

"erm... george, alex, hailey, georgia, olive, and i think pierre is walking towards them. and lando's just left now, i think,"

"so it is just me and charles who aren't awake awake,"

"yeah, that seems to be the case. come on, i'll be with you no matter what, okay?"

over in the group, george was deciding on what to say to adriana as an apology, as he knew that a simple "i'm sorry," wouldn't cut it. he decided on what to say and finalised it with the group as she started to walk over. at this point, charles was already with the group, sat their drinking his water.

"so adri, i'll address the elephant in the room, the whole thing with yesterday. i wanted to say, on behalf of all of us involved, that we all deeply regret what was said and wish we could take it back. if we had the chance, we'd do it in a heartbeat. we are all terribly sorry and hope that, in time, you can forgive us, but don't feel pressured that you have to do anything."

"i forgive you all, as i know you didn't mean to do it to me. i thank you for your kind words, george. hug it out?"

the group all got together and, in a circle, wrapped arms around the people next to them, like a huddle as part of a group talk before a football game. charles made sure to be next to adriana, giving her shoulder a light squeeze to show that he truly cared towards her.

and the rest of the day was filled with laughter, and revealing the meaning of inside jokes, including 'liked by pierre gasly' and 'george russell is the type of guy'. they found out what was behind 'georgia in germany' and how the girls don't talk about talksport or the sun news channels.