Chapter 1

I stepped onto the brick steps that created the entry, making my way to the throne room inside. 

It was busy inside, reminding me of the reason I went out for air. There were people practically crowding the halls despite them being decently sized.  

With a groan, I tugged my sleeves as I quickly made my way to a pair of large, wooden doors, around triple my height.  

The wood lay un-splintered and smooth after being well maintained. My hand stroked their golden handles before shoving them both open. 

Before me stood a tall woman covered in armor. You probably wouldn’t be able to tell if it wasn’t for her curvy figure and large chest plate.  

I cleared my throat before making my way over to her and a few maids that stood off to the side. I stood before my assigned throne and looked down at the masked woman who had been knelt.  

“You may stand.” I said in a monotone voice. This routine being nothing new to me. 

She stood and slowly took off her helmet, not meeting my eyes as her smooth, long, raven hair fell to her shoulders neatly.  

I sighed as I noticed her stare at her helmet that was held in her hands. 

I glanced at the maid who jumped at my gaze. I gave a small gesture, excusing them.  

They were always busy, so I didn’t want to hold up their schedule. Plus, the situation seemed to stress the newcomer out.

After a moment, the room lay silent as we were the only people in the room. 

She seemed to loosen up a bit as she now looked towards my feet where I stood. 

“What is your name, miss?” I asked, taking a step closer, getting eye level with the tall woman. 

She rubbed her neck, stuttering as she spoke. “C-Cronus-s B-Benjimin.” she said in a soft voice that was barely audible. 

I hummed slightly. Most knights were confident or calm, but this one was nervous. It intrigued me.  

“Can you tell me how long you have lived here, Miss Benjimin?” I asked in a calm, relaxed tone. 

“A-Around eight y-year-rs.” she said, rubbing a smudge from the helmet she held.  

“That’s good. You like it here?” I asked in a more casual manner. 

She paused as a small smile flashed across her lips before going back to normal. “Y-Yes, I-I-It is q-quite rainy th-though.”  

I nodded. “The plants sure do thrive with it.” I stated, glancing at the vines that were taking over the interior as decoration.  

She said nothing, only glancing at the plants I mentioned. 

“How old are you, Miss Benjimin?” I asked, looking back to her. 

Her maroon eyes looked into mine for a second. Pink wasn’t an average eye color. This person was certainly odd. Time will tell if that’s a good or bad thing. 

After that second, she looked down, a light tint covering her cheeks. 

“I-It may be-e hard-d to belie-eve, b-but I'm seventeen.”  

“You’re seventeen?” I asked, my eyes widening slightly. 

She nodded frantically. “I-I was trained by Sir Güstaph-ph.” she stuttered before bringing a hand up to her face and groan in annoyance with herself.  

“Sir Güstaph is one of my greatest knights...” I said, trailing off. “If he has trained you, then I suppose I can give you a chance.”  

She looked up to me in shock. “Y-You-u m-mea-an-n?”  

“Just one last test though.” I quickly stated, causing her to jump. 

The room went silent as the bustling from the halls was slightly apparent.  

I turned my attention to the raven-haired woman as her maroon eyes locked with mine.  

“Meet me in the gardens at eight. There will be no reason to wear armor, but you can if you would like.” I said, giving her a small smile. 

She looked confused but nodded. “O-Of c-course. Until then-n?” 

I hummed, looking around. “Well, the other knights will be in the stables if they aren’t set to a post. Doesn’t really matter until then.” 

She nodded before bowing. “T-Thank you.” she said before squinting her eyes in frustration. 

I watched as she started to walk away. “Oh, and Miss Benjimin.” 

She paused, turning to me. 

“I see great things for you, young lady. Don’t think your stuttering can stop you from doing what you want. It is simply another characteristic you possess.” I say, placing my hands in my pockets casually. 

That seemed to process in her head for a moment before she smiled. “Y-Your-r too kind t-to me y-your highness.” 

I waved it off and she left the room, moving aside for a maid to come in.