Chapter 1: A Welcome Committee

A few days after the L/N's family had settled into their new home, Y/N has mainly done at least three things inside their home: training with the wooden dummy and without it, eating the three meals of the day with some snacks in between, sleeping, and other things you'd do when you feel bored around the house in a new environment. At first, his mom and dad were not opposed to this routine, in fact it was a good routine, however the problem with this routine is the fact that Y/N has not made any friends yet, only staying at home all day for the past few days. They needed a way to get him out of the house, and depending on if it's luckily or unluckily for different people, the family car started not working all of a sudden, needing some repairs done to get it back in working condition again.

"Son, could you come here for a sec, we want to talk to you." His mother asks Y/N, who looks at her with an apple in his hand before walking over to her. He takes a big bite out of the apple as he walks to her.

"What's up, mom?" Y/N asks her, mouth full of apple, causing some juice to spit out of his mouth and his mother to sigh and shake her head at her son, forgetting about a simple rule to not eat with his mouth full.

She did manage to remind him once more before she tells him about what's going to happen within the day, "Y/N, the family car is currently not working, so your father and I are gonna head to a nearby Auto Repair Shop called, Larusso Auto Group or something along those lines. Since you'll be here home alone, we would like you to explore the town more, maybe head to the beach, meet new people, make some new friends." She tells to him straight away, and her son thinks about it for a moment before nodding his head.

"Alright mom, I'm gonna be heading to the beach then, just text me when the car is fixed so I can head back home." He tells her after swallowing the apple chunk and kissing his mom on the head before heading upstairs to change into something suitable for the beach.

(Half an hour later)

Y/N arrives at the beach, taking in the scenery, the golden sand, the blue sky that meets the crystal clear ocean on the horizon, and the silver clouds that linger above. He takes a deep breath, he could get used to this he thinks to himself before he decides to get settled on a spot where there are not that many occupants on the beach. He sets his beach towel down and also his small cooler of cold juice and water for later as he starts walking to the edge of where the water laps on the sand. After a minute or two of admiring the view, he gets to work with doing his Wing Chun routines to get used to the muscle memory of the techniques. He does this for quite a while, not letting anyone distract him at the moment, letting nature do it's thing by creating a peaceful atmosphere.

Unfortunately, that peace will soon end when Y/N gets a welcoming committee from a few teens his age, laughing at his techniques. He pays them no mind at first and decides to take a break, walking over to his cooler and grabbing a bottle of water to drink.

"What the hell was all that chicken shit, he look a pansy doing those stupid techniques." One of the teens insults Y/N as his friends start to laugh, but believe it or not, three hundred or so years ago, the creator of the martial art was actually a girl by the name of Yin Wing Chun, hence the name of the style. Y/N continues to ignore what the teens were saying and laughing about when they decide to throw an insult at Ip Ching, his master.

"I swear, whoever taught him that type of fighting is garbage bro." Once one of the bullies says that, Y/N has had enough and shakes his head with annoyance before walking up to the teens with a glare on his face.

"Don't talk bad about my master..." He tells the bullies who mockingly get scared of him, but this doesn't irk Y/N anymore than it needs to.

"Pssh, please that's not karate, come to Cobra Kai, we've won the 50th All Valley Tournament. You're definitely gonna get stronger there." One of the teens says to try and coerce Y/N to abandon his teachings, but he doesn't fall for that.