Chapter 2: The Actual Welcoming Committee

A day after the incident at the beach with Y/N and the Cobra Kai's, the former is merely practicing as usual on the wooden dummy, the sound of flesh and bones hitting against the wood continues to sound off loudly inside his room and can be heard from downstairs, where his parents are currently making some lunch for some visitors to the house. As it turns out, while they were at the Auto Repair Shop, they met the owner named Daniel LaRusso, a very nice guy with a smile that just radiates kindness. He approached them, and they told him about their car problems, which the cause of it was merely some needed cleaning of some wiring and connections. Other than that, Daniel welcomed them into town and starts asking regular questions that one might ask when you move into a new environment.

They obliged, telling him all about where they've gone and why, and also about Y/N as well, who they also told Daniel that he does martial arts, surprising the Auto Shop owner, saying that he knows martial arts too. So, as a way of bonding with both families, the L/N's and the LaRusso's are going to be having a little welcoming lunch as a little compensation for what the Cobra Kai's did at the beach, in Y/N's perspective. So, the Wing Chun/Jeet Kune Do expert is merely getting a work out in before their guests arrive. Once he gets done with his routine, he grabs a towel and wipes off his sweat before he heads into the bathroom to take a quick shower, and as he does so, his mom calls out to him.

"Y/N! Mr. LaRusso and his family will be here any minute, changed into something when you're done showering, okay?" His mom asks him from downstairs as she finishes up some chicken parmesan, taking it out of the oven.

"Okay, mom!" Y/N responds back before getting in the shower and cleaning himself off. While he's doing that, the doorbell rings, signaling the arrival of the LaRusso family, to which the patriarch of the house opens the door to greet them.

"Mr. LaRusso! It's good to see you again." Y/N's dad greets Daniel, who smiles at him before they shake hands quickly.

"Likewise, Mr. L/N. I hope you don't mind if we've made some macaroni salad, my wife made it." Daniel says, gesturing to his wife, Amanda LaRusso who has a pot of said food in her hands. Alongside them is two children, the oldest being a girl with brown hair and some gorgeous blue eyes. This is Samantha LaRusso, or Sam for short. The younger child has long brown hair, darker than her sister's and reaches up to his nape, this is Anthony LaRusso, and he's much to busy playing on his Nintendo Switch to look up at who his father is talking to.

"No at all, Daniel! Please come in, my wife is getting the food ready." Y/N's father says, gesturing them inside, allowing them to walk into the house.

"You have a lovely home, Mr. L/N." Sam compliments as she looks around the house, and before the patriarch could respond to the nice words, Y/N's mother comes out of the kitchen with a plate of chicken parmesan in hand.

"Hello everyone, sorry for the wait, lunch is ready to be served." She tells them before setting the plate down on a circular plate that has a smaller glass circle that can be rotated in either direction, a common table you'll see in Chinese cultures.

"No need to worry, we just arrived, and where is your son?" Daniel asks curiously, not seeing the teen of the house anywhere.

"He's currently in the shower, he just finished his Wing Chun training." She answers, causing Sam to perk up a little at her words, all she knew from her dad was that there was someone in her age bracket that was new to the neighborhood and that they were going to host a small lunch together. She didn't know that their son could do martial arts, at all.

Speaking of, Y/N walks downstairs, hair damp from the shower as he is wearing a F/C long sleeved-shirt, jeans, and some funky banana socks.

"Oh, hi. I didn't realize they were already here mom." He greets the LaRusso family before turning to his mom saying the last part to her.