Chapter 11: What Is There to Regain?

"Who am I?" That was the question that Y/N asks himself as soon as he awakens from his coma. It was a daunting task, trying to will yourself out of such a state, but flashes of vague and blurred memories forced him to wake up, almost like telling him that there is still much that needs to be done. As it turns out, on the way to the hospital, he had suddenly started to go unconscious after continuously muttering that he couldn't feel his legs. His body was basically telling itself to do a complete system reset in order for the Wing Chun user to recover just enough to not wake up with excruciating pain.

"Honey!" His mother calls out to him, as she and Y/N's father come rushing into the room as soon as they had gotten the word that their son was awake. "Oh, I am so glad that you're awake...we were absolutely terrified for you." She says, horror plastered on her face. Y/N looks at them with confusion.

"T-Thanks for the concern, but...who are you people...?" He asks with confusion, much to the parents' own confusion as well. It wasn't until the doctor comes along and tells them that their son is suffering from temporary amnesia, and the only way for him to get back his memories is to show him significant things or moments in his life that have happened both in his childhood and before the incident. It took the parents a while to process the entire thing, but they made it their absolute mission to bring back their son.

(Time skip days later)

On the day of Y/N's discharge, his family and him have arrived back at house, still in the same condition as it was before. His motorbike parked on the garage driveway, which causes a little eye raise from him, almost like it was calling out to him to ignite it's engine and ride like the world is about to fall. Unfortunately, Y/N is wheelchair bound...

"Is that mine...?" He asks his parents, who also look at the bike.

"It is, son. We gave that to you on the day you met with these kind people, the LaRusso's. They were the first ones to greet us in the neighborhood, you even got to meet their children. Sam and Anthony." As soon as his father says the girl's name, his head starts to ache, causing him to reactively clutch his forehead, groaning at the pain and causing his parents to look at him with worry and fear.

"S-Sam...? That name seems so familiar...and the face..." He manages to speak out, seeing flashes of the blue-eyed girl, smiling at him in a friendly way in different backgrounds. Once the pain stops, he sighs in relief, but his mind continues to dwell on those flashes, making sure to keep track of the faces he sees.

"Honey...do you need anything? Something to eat, drink even?" His mother asks worryingly.

"Something takeout based, please...and juice..." He requests, and his parents get right to getting what their son needs, allowing him to roll himself around the ground floor of the house. However, the doorbell is heard much too early for it to be takeout, so he curiously rolls himself towards the door and opens it, only to reveal that same blue-eyed girl that had lingered in his mind.

"Y/N?" Sam asks, shocked to see her friend out of his coma and in such a state that it causes her to embrace him tightly, not giving him a chance to respond.

"Uh, S-Sam, could you please get off me?" He asks politely, feeling a little uncomfortable with the sudden hug. Upon hearing this, she let's go and mutters a sorry to him, allowing him to explain his side. "Look, Sam, I may know you by name and face, but that's all I know you by. I can't seem to remember anything about anything..." Her face starts to sour upon hearing such news that a tear escapes her eye.

"I-I'm so sorry, Y/N. It was all my fault. If I hadn't kissed you at the party-" As soon as Sam recounts to him about the party at Moon's place, he starts to get a concrete memory that has one clear event, Sam had kissed Y/N at that party. However, the question remains, was this the "her" he kept thinking about? Only Y/N can know once he regains his memories back.

"W-Would you like to come in, Sam? My parents are ordering takeout, and I think they would be happy to have you visit, seeing as you are the first person to visit me after I woke up." He offers her, moving his wheelchair to the side in case she does come in. It takes her a bit of thinking, but she does inevitably enter, with some hesitancy of course. Inside, she is greeted by the same kind parents that she had met when the family had first moved in.

"Sam! It's so good to see you, dear. Are you alright? I heard you had a few bumps here and there." Y/N's mother asks worriedly, checking her up and down for anything noteworthy like an injury, but most of that is nearly healed up, except for a scar as a result of Tory's spiked band that is hidden underneath her top wear.

"I'm alright, Mrs. L/N. I really am glad that your son is alright though. It's been really hard on the Miyagi-Do members, they really miss him a lot." Sam informs them, a small smile on her face. Y/N continues to slowly get his memories back upon mention of the Karate style, but nothing major has come back yet.

"Well, they are free to visit Y/N as much as they like. He'll need all the help he can get to gain his memories back..." Y/N/s dad says solemnly before another doorbell rings, causing the crippled boy to open up the door once more, and there stands Dimitri, the pizza box in hand just as the delivery boy is getting on his bike and riding away.

"Special delivery! One..." Dimitri trails off to open the box and check what kind of pizza they ordered. "Pineapple pizza...? Oh god..." He recoils in some playful disgust, causing Y/N's parents and Sam to laugh a little, while the boy in the wheelchair looks at Dimitri with confusion.

"And who might you be?" He asks him, causing the nerd boy to go wide-eyed and look towards Sam, who simply nods her head sadly. Getting the message, Dimitri holds out a hand for a shake.

"Dimitri. I'm a close friend of yours." He re-introduces himself, and the two of them shake hands before he is let inside. Soon after, everyone gets settled at the table and begins to eat some pizza, with Dimitri mostly scraping off the pineapple chunks on every pizza he takes with Y/N eating them off Dimitri's plate when he does so, much to the amusement of his parents and Sam. Later on in the day, Sam and Dimitri help Y/N up to his room, where upon entering, he gets a sort of flashback to a dojo, with an old man training on the wooden dummy, wood on bone clacking against one another loudly. 

It was almost as if he was really there...

"This place is basically how I envisioned my room to be set up in a town like this..." Y/N says, rolling towards the two weapons he was personally taught by Ip Ching, he stares at them with curiosity before he rolls towards the wooden dummy and slowly starts to get up, much to the horror of Dimitri and Sam.

"Woah, Y/N. Don't push yourself too hard." Dimitri warns, making sure that his friend doesn't fall flat on the ground with the help of Sam. But slowly and surely, Y/N manages to stand on his feet but only temporarily as he quickly falls back into his wheel chair, deflated and defeated.

"That wooden dummy...it's like it's calling to me." Y/N tells them.

"That's the wooden dummy your kung-fu master gave to you before he passed away. His name was Ip Ching, you said so yourself when we first met." Sam says, and another face pops into Y/N's mind, a kindly old man with a smile that can just brighten up your day. After that small glimpse, he remembers fully that Ip Ching was his master. In what martial arts exactly?

"Wing Chun...I learned Wing Chun from master Ip Ching..." The wheelchair bound boy says, causing Dimitri and Sam to look on, shocked that they managed to get through to him and regain some lost memories. From that point on they, along with the other Miyagi-Do's, will do their best to get their friend back on track.

A/N: Hey everyone. I just saw Season 5 of Cobra Kai, and it was a doozy. A rollercoaster of emotions that I can't even comprehend right now. But what I do know is that I may right some more chapters for this book and then once season 3 of this book is done, I may start up the Muay Thai/Lethwei book up again. Anyways, I do hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thank you all so much for the support and I will see you all in the next chapter. BYE!