Chapter 6: Something Serious

There are quite a bit of news in terms of what happened after Miyagi-Do was trashed. Some new faces came by to learn some karate, and get this, they were from Cobra Kai, so not only does that mean that they were sticking it to the group, they even gathered more members. However, a few people didn't seem to like that at all, those being Robby and Demetri after what happened back at the mall, Y/N would've been angry too, but he didn't really mind it at all. Speaking of him, he is currently at home, training on the wooden dummy when he gets a notification ping on his phone. He finishes his routine and goes over to pick it up.

Tory 🖤-
Hey there, cutie. Just wanted to know if you're available at the moment. I wanna go on a date. ❤️❤️

Y/N smile sat the text before he replies back.

Y/N 🥷
Sure thing, Tory. I was gonna ask you anyways, I was scared you weren't going to actually agree to it. And second of all, why is my emoji a ninja? I practice Chinese martial arts, not Karate.😒

Tory 🖤-
Whatever, you punch stuff you kick stuff, that's still karate to me. 😒

Y/N 🥷-
I'm gonna have a VERY long conversation with you, but that can wait, so where do you want to go? We could always hang at one of our places, or maybe we can go to the mall, grab a bite to eat.

Tory 🖤-
A lunch date sounds good right about now, and hey, about the dojo, I had nothing to do with that at all.

Y/N 🥷-
All good, lovely. Water under the bridge.

When Y/N had sent that text without thinking, his eyes widen and tries to find a way to take it back, but Tory replies right afterwards.

Tory 🖤-
😮😮😮

Y/N 🥷-
I didn't mean to send that, I am so embarrassed right now... 🫣

Tory 🖤-
Don't be, cutie. I kinda like it, so see you at the mall at...1 o'clock?

Y/N 🥷-
Definitely.

Tory 🖤-
Alright, see you there, cutie~😘😘😘

Once she sends that text, Y/N starts to feel extremely excited for the day ahead as he begins to dance in his room like no one was watching, except that someone was, in the form of his dad. He laughs at his son's dancing, causing Y/N to turn to his father with a red face of embarrassment.

"Oh god, I did not mean to make you see that..." He says, covering his face.

"You can fight five people at once and come out with a semi-busted lip, but you are flustered over a girl? My god, my son is in love." Y/N's father says as he takes a seat in the chair that is set in front of the desk. "So, who's the lucky lady?"

"H-Her name is Tory with a Y. She likes to emphasize that a lot." Y/N responds before taking a seat on his bed, wiping the sweat from his face from his workout.

"Well, you show Tory a fun time, okay son? No funny business as of the moment. You're still in high school, let it escalate slowly, don't rush the feeling." His father advises him, and Y/N takes these notes to heart, some of them at least but he listens to them anyways.

"I know, dad, I just wanna make this right. Tory seems like an amazing gal, and well...I haven't really had someone to like or even love besides you and mom." Y/N says, grabbing some clothes to wear for the date.

"Well, all I can say is to be yourself, Y/N. If what you told us about her being Cobra Kai is true, then you need you leave that behind for now. There is no Wing Chun, Jeet Kune Do, Miyagi-Do, or Cobra Kai on this date, only my son and the girl he is going on a date with." Y/N's father says before giving his son a hug and wishing him a great date, to which his son thanks him for before he leaves the room to allow him some space to change.