Chapter 8: Love is a Battlefield

"Hey, Tory, let's go on another date, does Friday sound good for you?" Y/N asks on the phone to his girlfriend while he is in bed, laying down back first.

"I can't, I got a shift at the roller rink." She declines his invitation, disappointing him slightly before getting an idea.

"We can turn it into a date night, maybe during your shift when you have some free time on your hands we can skate around the rink. Heck, I'll even pay for our food in full if you're down for that." Y/N tries to convince her to change her mind about it. Silence is heard for a second or two before she responds.

"Well, if you're so sure, alright then. Make sure to wear something from the 80's on that night." Tory informs him, causing Y/N to smile.

"Sure, but since you said the 80's which would you prefer me going as, Freddy Kreuger, James Bond, or Indiana Jones?" Y/N asks, having a few items that can work for the characters he's suggested to her.

"Hmmm, since I want you to look dapper on Friday night, James Bond then. Let's hope you got the British accent to match it." Tory teases.

"Hey, Sean Connery was one of the best bonds to date, so I am gonna kill the accent, listen to his." He coughs a bit to get his accent ready. "Dry martini, shaken, not stirred." He says in a British accent, causing Tory to laugh on the other line.

"A plus on the accent, you're definitely gonna go as James Bond. Anyways, I gotta go, Cobra Kai calls. I'll see you Friday night, cutie."

"Yeah, sure, see you then." Y/N bids goodbye to her before hanging up the phone and immediately getting to work on finding a suit that fits the description of James Bond. He fumbles inside his closet that his mom comes into the room and sees him doing this before chuckling, making her presence known to her son.

"So, what's got you all skittish and scattered?" Y/N's mom asks as she goes over to his closet.

"Well, I got a date with the girl I told you about, Tory. Friday night at the Cascade Roller Rink is 80's and she wants me to go James Bond, so I need to find a suit that fits it." He tells her, looking through his closet before his mom thinks for a moment before heading into the master bedroom and finding a suit that could work for her son. 

She comes back into his room and holds out the suit for him

She comes back into his room and holds out the suit for him. "This used to be your father's suit on the day we went to prom, I'm hoping that it fit you now that he's outgrown this old thing, but I kept it for sentimental purposes." She tells him before handing it off to her son for him to try out.

Safe to say, it fits. He shows her the final product, and she gets a small flashback of when she saw Y/N's father in that exact same suit which causes her to start crying. Y/N sees her do this and walks over to her to comfort her.

"Mom, are you okay?" He asks her worriedly.

"Y-Yes, it's just...you look so much like your father when he wore this suit." She lets out her emotions, giving her son a big hug, which he reciprocates. "You make me so so proud. I can't believe so much time has gone by since you were just watching Bruce Lee movies to looking like a Sean Connery version of James Bond." She reminisces, causing Y/N to chuckle at her.