𝟎𝟐. 𝐧𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

chapter one

chapter one . . .
no strangers here

"It's fresh." Silva says, observing the body that'd been found by a student.

"Maybe a wolf?" Asked the headmistress.

"Or a bear." He said. "Could have gone out to protect his herd, got surprised." He continued on.

"I'm happy to continue the guessing game." Interrupted professor Harvey. "But.. This is char residue."

Silva and the Headmistress shared a nervous look.

"How long since the last sighting?" Silva asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

"About two decades." The professor answered.

"Sixteen years. Rosalind was relentless." The headmistress added.

"Could've been hiding-" Silva began.

"We thought she did." Said the professor.

"Ben what we think is irrelevant." The headmistress snapped. "The barrier's doing it's job." She added.

"Until we know something for sure, let's clean this up before gossip starts." She said and walked away.

Adella and her roommates had been standing around a table when Terra spoke.

"Who actually saw the shepherd's body?" She asked. "Maybe he was just old. People get old, die. We all die." She added.

"That old—age decapitation really sneaks up on you." Musa said.

"Happened to my nan right in the middle of bingo." Aisha said while nodding her head. "Just... thwop, thwop, thwop. Down the table." She added causing Musa and Adella to chuckle. Terra looked between the three and just gave a small smile.

"No judgment, but..." Musa said pointing toward the cookies Aisha had been stacking up.

"I eat a million calories a day." Aisha said. "If I didn't swim, I'd be massive." She said with a mouth full of cookies.

"I used to dance. I get it." Musa said.

"On that note." Aisha added whilst grabbing another cookie.

"Second round. Damn! Twice a day every day. You weren't kidding." Musa said amusingly as she watched Aisha stuff her face with more food.