𝟎𝟑. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐬

chapter three

chapter three . . .
heavy mortal hopes

After Adella's small smoke session and talking with Riven, she'd retired to the suite to catch up on studying her elements.

"I might have done something stupid." Aisha exclaimed as she entered Adella's room.

"Well depending on what you're going to say, I'll be the judge on whether it's stupid or not." Adella said with a small smile.

"Bloom was telling me this story about her parents, and she might have said something about a heart defect in the womb." Aisha said while feeling slightly guilty.

Adella immediately knew where this was going. And she had to admit, it was pretty stupid.

"Oh god, Aisha." Adella said with a sigh and rubbed at her temples.

"I told Bloom she was a changeling." Aisha finished.

After the whole ordeal that happened in the suite.

Adella gave Aisha a word of advice. It might have been a little selfish but, you can't really help someone who doesn't wanna be helped. She told Aisha that she should only intervene in Bloom's personal matters if she asked for help.

Adella knew that Aisha wouldn't listen though.

Adella walked around with a cup of juice and caught sight of Riven bothering another first year and began waking in their direction.

"There's two types of first years." He said to who she learned to be Dane.

"Pursued and aspiring former pussies." He added causing Dane to let out a nervous chuckle.

"Leave him be, Riven." Adella said as she stepped next to him.

In that moment Dane thought he could kiss Adella for the save.

"Oh, but sweetheart." Riven whined out.

"My names Adella." She snapped. "Call me by it."

"Feisty little thing you are." He mused.

Adella would never say it aloud. But she secretly enjoyed the pet names Riven called her.

Riven— however began to pour his alcohol into Dane's cup, in result causing Dane to sigh.

"Sorta feels like it's less a binary choice and more of a spectrum, but.." He spoke and took a sip of the drink— he clears his throat "Cheers."