Xiao x Reader

I don't know where to go with this so...we'll see.
~

Sitting on top of a mountain, you and Xiao took in the scenery of Liyue harbor.
Although he wasn't very fond of 'mortals', he didn't exactly mind your presence.

It was a beautiful night  when you decided to join him here. He looked at you as he sat beside you and you couldn't help but look at his gorgeous appearance. Even the moonlight that managed to reach the city seemed to dance around his face.

You had never seen him like this before. You didn' even think you'd ever see Xiao smile. Yet you were now watching him do just that. His cheeks were slightly flushed and a small hint of a smile graced his lips.
"Xiao?"
"Hm?"
"I love your smile."
His eyes widened slightly before looking back down at the water below them, a faint blush coloring his face once more.
"Thank you."
You smiled gently, leaning against him and wrapping an arm around his waist. This time he allowed you to rest your head upon his shoulder.

He was silent for a moment before whispering something.
"Are you sure about this?"
"What are you talking about, Xiao?" You asked tilting your head up a little to glance at him. He still kept his eyes fixed on the river below.
"This...relationship we have. You shouldn't  get close to me, and yet you continue seeking out my presence."

His voice was soft yet laced with sadness.You knew how much he disliked to talk about feelings. To feel vulnerable. So instead of saying anything you simply reached out your hand and brushed some hair away from his face, giving him a small smile.

"I wouldn't mind getting closer to you. In fact I'd rather keep doing it."
"...Why? I told you that it's dangerous for you mortals to get close. My karmic dept could cause great harm to you."

"I know that. And believe it or not I don't care what happens to me. It doesn't matter if I die by a monster's hands or if I live a long life of freedom and happiness. The only thing that matters is that I'm with you. Even though you're a bit cold, you' re still one of the kindest person I've ever met.  You always put the safety of others before yourself, despite of the constant pain that you have to endure. That's why...that's why I want to be with you. For better or worse."
Your words made his heart beat faster. He didn't expect you to say such things. He never thought that he could mean so much to someone, after all...he was just a tool for battle, no?

"W...what are you saying?" he stuttered quietly. His voice sounded distant, as if in shock.
You placed your other hand on his cheek and gave him another warm smile.
"I'm saying that I love you Xiao."

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't understand how you could possibly love him. Him, an adeptus. A weapon. A tool. Someone who had caused so many deaths.
How can someone love someone like him? A monster.

His thoughts were interrupted  when you wrapped both arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug.

He tensed up for a brief moment before relaxing. He placed a hand on your waist and returned your embrace, holding onto you carefully, as if afraid you would shatter like glass.

"I love you too..." his voice soft  as he whispered these words.
He had never spoken those words to anyone. Not even himself. He was used to fighting, and being hurt. But not you. You were different. You were compassionate, caring, understanding. And he loved everything about you. You meant the world to him.

After a while he felt you let go and he reluctantly pulled away, turning his head away from you so he wouldn't have to see your expression of sadness.
You stared at him, a gentle smile appearing on your face. You reached forward and caressed his face gently, making him look at you.
"I'll see you tomorrow at Wangshu Inn..." You said, both of you saying your goodbyes for the night...

~

So uh...yeah. Hope this was good? I love Xiao sm he deserves all the love 😭