Venti x reader

Hope you enjoy <3
~
You made your way through the streets of Mondstadt, as you hear the beautiful sound of a song beign played on a lyre. The wind blows gently against you, and your eyes are now glued to a certain bard, mesmerized by the beauty of the melodies he's playing, listening intently as the sweet sound of the instrument resonated in your ears.

Pushing through the crowd of people that surrounded him, you are now standing right in front of the bard unable to avert your eyes from him.

He was so captivating, with his dark, braided hair and his eyes shining with passion.
Whilst playing on the lyre, his face was illuminated with a smile, which seemed to only deepen when his eyes landed on yours.

The bard, Venti, was your best friend.
Admittedly, you started catching romantic feelings for him.
He is so cheerful, care-free and extroverted, that it is seemingly impossible to not be fond of him in one way or another.
So here you are, eyes fixated on him as he played one of his latest compositions.

After a while, he was done and the crowd cheered as they slowly began to depart and mind their own business again.

You were the only one left.

Seeing this, Venti's eyes lit up once again, sending a bright smile your way.
"Oh hey! Y/N!" He called out waving at you excitedly. You felt your heart jump and you smiled shyly before walking over to him.
"Hi... Hey." Your voice came out a little shaky. Venti looked a tad taken aback but then laughed.
"How have you been? Still enjoying my music I see~?"
He teased jokingly, but also somewhat teasingly as well. You laughed at his words and shook your head.
"I just wanted to know how you were doing, that's all."
Venti sighed dreamily, looking around before leaning closer to you.

"Well, the truth is..." He whispered before taking your hand.
Your cheeks flushed redder and you looked down embarrassed, biting your lip as you looked into his eyes.
He had a twinkle in his eyes as he leaned forward and kissed the back of your hand.
When he pulled away, he winked at you and said cheekily, "I'm amazing."
Your cheeks turned even more red as you tried not to laugh at his antics.
You playfully punched his shoulder before smiling brightly at him.
He returned your gaze happily, returning your smile.

This continued for some time until you broke eye contact, glancing around nervously.
"Hey, I should probably get going. See you later~" You smiled lightly, trying to avoid looking into his eyes.

You could see Venti frown slightly, as he raised an eyebrow.
"What's wrong?"
His voice came out soft, like always.
You glanced at him and averted your gaze again, avoiding his eyes.
His expression softened, and he took hold of your chin softly, making you look at him again.
"It's nothing." You muttered as you averted your gaze once again.
Venti chuckled.
"You're such a terrible liar. What is it? You can tell me anything." He said sincerely, his eyes gazing straight at yours.
You sighed, averting your gaze yet again.
"There's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now....could we go somewhere where we're alone?"
"Of course! Let's go to Windrise, shall we?"

Arriving at Windrise, an uncomfortable silence overcame both of you.
Venti looked at you, with an expression of concern.
"So, what is it you wanted to tell me?" He asked, softly, preparing for some kind of bad news.

You took a deep breath, and with a flustered face, you began your confession:"I-"Suddenly, you stopped, closing your mouth and looking away from Venti.
"...I really like you.." You whispered, your voice barely audible.
A small grin appeared on his lips and soon enough, he started laughing...
You stared at him, confused.

"Are you...laughing at me?" You asked, a hint of sadness entering your voice.
His laughter died down as he shook his head lightly.
"No, no! It's not that at all!" He assured you.
"Then why are you laughing?"
"I'm sorry! It's just...you're adorable when you blush! Especially when your face gets super red and you stutter like that!" He burst out laughing once again.

You glared at , crossing your arms.
"Stop teasing me.This isn't funny."
Venti grinned wider, wiping a stray tear from his face.
"I'm sorry~ But seriously, do you really like me? As more than a friend?" He asked hopefully.
You averted your gaze, blushing again, and avoided his eyes as you mumbled a yes.
"Really? Oh Y/n, you're so cute! I love you too!" He exclaimed happily, throwing himself into your arms.

You stood there frozen, unable to process what had just happened. You were in shock and unsure whether to hug him back. Venti pulled away, staring at you expectantly.
"Can I give you a kiss, please?" He asked with his puppy dog eyes.
You nodded, your face still flushed. Venti grinned widely, cupping your face in his hands and peppering your face with short kisses. You giggled in delight.

Once he finished, he pulled away, smiling happily.
"I guess we're dating now huh?" Venti asked, a playful tone entering his voice.
You smiled shyly, feeling a bit happy.
"Yes, I guess so." You answered, giggling.

Venti grabbed your hand and dragged you on top of the big tree, sitting down next to each other.
An arm loosely wrapped around you, he placed his head on your shoulder.
And so, you both sat there, in eachothers embrace, watching the sunset....
~
Done! Sorry for the late update ^_^;