1. Life History!

Author’s PoV
A beautiful winter day dawn. Birds chirping around and the sun was very reluctant to get out of the clouds. Madhivadhani and Madhiveni were sleeping in their little house waiting for their dawn! Vadhu and Madhu are living in Cheran ma nagar in Coimbatore. All her relatives live in and around coimbatore. So far life has been so hard on them both. They are hoping for a better day everyday which plays hide and seek with them so far.

Vadhu shuffled on her bed hearing the melody of the birds. She turned to the window to see the lush green garden and the dew drops on the leaves. It is a lovely sight that gives her peace every morning. She walked to the backyard of their home to water her little garden. Madhu was still sleeping, she is a sleepy head. It has been a month since their father’s demise. As Vadhu walked past the pooja room where she saw her parents’ picture, she was reminded of their life so far while watering her plants, which was not fun.

Rajan and Nirmala were a lovely couple. They are not rich but their household is filled with love and happiness. Rajan has always loved coming back to his home in the evening after work because of the heartfelt laughter of his wife. Rajan was a manager in a co-operative bank and he was once a very content man. Rajan and Nirmala were blessed with twin babies.

They named their children Madhivadhani and Madhiveni. Vadhu looked like her mom and Madhu looked like her dad. But they have similar characteristics. They were both very kind and soft spoken girls. They have never fought with each other and are always ready to do things that will benefit the other. Nirmala slowly but unknowingly detached from her lovable husband and concentrated on her girls who gave her happiness. Rajan started to come home very late.

The girls grew to become lovely teenagers. They were both good in studies, they have often won quiz competitions in the school. Vadhu loves drawing and she is very good at it. She often decorates the switchboards and the side wall of her bed with beautiful drawings. Madhu, on the other hand, is very good at computer programming. She has been winning trophies in coding competitions.

Because of the little time Rajan has spent with the girls, the girls felt more attached to their mom. They loved their grandparents equally as they spent their vacations with them. Vadhu was always attached to her maternal grandparents and Madhu with her paternal grandparents because Nirmala’s mom took care of Vadhu and Rajan’s parents took care of Madhu as Nirmala was not in her best health when the babies were born.

There was complication in the birth of the twins and Nirmala almost lost her life in the cesarean section. After the babies were 3months old, Nirmala went to her home from her parents’ home with the babies along with her mom. She thought she could not handle two babies all alone. She thought an extra hand would be of much help. But Rajan had pre-thought about it and asked for his parents to come home without discussing it with Nirmala. 

The usual family drama between the elders and their ego clash in determining who has more rights in the home made the once harmony filled home into a disaster even though there were two babies for them to share. Nirmala asked her mom to leave to avoid the unnecessary fight and it hurt her mom in more ways than expected. Eashwari left home crying her heart out. She could not leave her beloved granddaughter Vadhu who was 7months old and who cannot sleep or eat without her. 

Nirmala felt disheartened by the happenings and it hurt Rajan to see his wife frowning all the time. It made the once blissful home a hell for him. He hated coming to the gloomy home after his work and soon he joined hands with bad influences. He started going to clubs playing cards. Slowly his fun timepass became an addiction and Nirmala couldn't find the difference in her husband as she was busy taking care of the children. When she found that her husband was gambling and was losing money in it, it was already too late to redeem him.