12. At La Casandra!

Madhu’s PoV

I was getting ready for the conference. He wanted me there before 10 Am. It was already 8.30. La Casandra is one hour away from my home and Vadhu was still cooking breakfast. 

“Vadhu, I don't want breakfast. It was already late. I have to go.” I shouted from the hall looking at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a sky blue button shirt and navy blue skirt. I paired it with a black cut shoe. I pulled my shoulder length hair into a high ponytail. I streaked kajal in my eyes and wore a pearl earring that has no drop downs. 

“One minute, it’s ready.” She came running with a box. 

“What is this? I don't want lunch.”

“It’s breakfast. I am sorry I slept. Eat it while you go on the bus.” She shoved the box in my hand. 

“I cannot risk spoiling my clothes, Vadhu. It’s ok. I will manage. See you. I will come home late. Don't wait for me for dinner. Take care.” I told her and ran out before she could ask me the same question that she had been asking me for the past three days.

“Why are you looking so dull? Is everything alright?” 

I cannot take it easily that he avoided my love even before I told him. He is a business man and he was so good at judging people. It was no wonder that he got to know about my heart. But he himself said that he likes me and I don't understand what is stopping him from accepting my love. But I also understand that ‘like’ is not enough to transform into ‘love’.

I avoided going to see him for the past three days. His talks made me realize that he is not interested in me. Does he see me as a little girl? Huh! That was a hard lash. That told me that he would never even consider me. If that is the case, I should not misuse the freedom he has given me. I should not make him uncomfortable again. I actually should thank him for saving me from a huge heartbreak. But that doesn't mean that I am not heartbroken now. It hurts me now but my feelings were new and not very deep. I can come out of it easily. I should keep my distance with him. 

I walked into that five star hotel with the laptop and printouts that I made ready for the conference. I looked at myself in the mirror on the huge door, satisfied, I walked confidently inside the lobby. The lobby had a huge welcome panel to welcome the people that are coming for the conference. The directions are crystal clear and I walked to the destined room without any hitches. The room was already half filled and the time was 9.30Am. I rolled my eyes in the room but couldn't find Kathir. I searched for his name on the guestlist and found his seat. He had added my name as his +1 and thus I had a seat too. I sat on the seat and was busy looking into the powerpoint presentation for one last time when I saw someone near me. 

“Good morning, sir.” I stood up and wished him. I could not peel my eyes off of him. He is in a blue shirt and dark blue pants. He had his Blazer in his hand. Without even knowing, we have matched our outfits and it gave me a little happiness even though I know this stupid happiness has no future.

“Good morning, Madhu.” He said and sat near me. His closeness was messing with my head and his cologne was making my heart flutter. I tried hard not to show my distraction to him.

“Is everything ready?” He asked me.

“Um.. yes, sir.”

“Sir?”

“I will go and look for the time schedule, sir.” I walked away from him to the registration panel. 

“Excuse me, We are from KG tech solutions. May I know when our presentation is scheduled for?”