15. KG Tech

Kathiravan’s PoV

I am pacing in my room and Gokul was trying to understand what has happened in the two months that he was not here. I feel restless and all I want to do at the moment is to choke her to death. I have never expected her to do this. Why do all the women in my life betray me? I am not destined to even have a good friend who is a girl. That little bitch, how cleverly made a fool out of me.

“Kathir, relax. Please, whatever happened, you got divorce. That is what is more important. I still can't believe Madhiveni worked with your wife…” He stopped when I threw a look at him. “I mean, ex-wife. You should talk to her to know what exactly happened.” He told me.

“I don't think we should try it. Do you remember those girls who once approached us?” I asked him.

“Who?” He shrunk his eyebrows.

“The girls we met at Manoj’s party?”

“Oh, call girls? What about them?”

“They saw me on Sunday night after the conference and everything else was over. They laughed at me, Gokul. Do you know what they said?” I told him what happened.

“Hello, sir.” Sheethal called me as I came out of the room at 8PM. I was already in guilt and confusion.

“Do I know you?” I asked them as I didn't remember them.

“Sir, we met you at Manoj sir’s party, remember?” Rinky asked me and I remembered them well and good. I shrunk my face in disgust but they peeked into the room behind me.

“So you are going to spend your night with Madhiveni? Good choice. She is a better company in bed.” Sheethal said that shook my insides. 

“Nonsense.” I tried to get back into the room and lock it but Rinky stopped me.

“You humiliated us in the party and now fucking our friend? You could have said that you prefer a homely looking girl instead. Is she still charging Rs.50,000 a night? How much are you paying her?” She asked me which made me feel dizzy.

“How do you know her?” I asked them.

“Oh, we studied in the same college. We were classmates. We have even recommended her for one of our customers.” Sheethal answered me. “Anyways, have fun, sir. You are too handsome to miss. Call us sometime, Madhu has our numbers.” They left me in total shock. 

I went back in and saw the innocent looking girl sleeping on my bed. I don't remember how she got in my bed as I didn't remember anything after we had the food and drinks she ordered on the phone. I checked for her clothes and though out of place, it was still intact and showed me nothing wrong had happened between us. When I accidentally saw the side table, I saw her handbag. I looked for her phone to see if she has the contacts of Rinky and Sheethal but instead saw an envelope full of money in it. I took it out and it had Rs.50,000 in it. On the envelope, it said ‘To Madhiveni’. 

“That handwriting, Gokul. I know it is Ananya’s. She has that peculiar way of writing. She had received money from Ananya to do what she did. How clever! Applied for an interview when our ad said 6+ years of experience, impressed me in the interview, acted like she is working hard, came closer to me, made me an addict to her smile, behaved like she is in love with me, made me think that I feel happy when I am around her, made me invite her to the conference, just the day before my divorce acted like she cared for me, tricked me by ordering food herself, mixed alcohol or something that made me sleep, came into my bed and posed erotically for pictures! I am such a fool to have ever trusted that bitch.” I said everything that she did.