Chapter 4: The Cranks

"HEY! GO!"

"Get out of here," Minho shouted at us as they ran closer to us.

We started running as the boys were almost caught up. Aris swung a bag to Thomas and the boy caught it.

"Let's go go go," Minho said as he ushered the group forward.

We carried our feet through the first floor. I spotted a escalator.

"Come on," I yelled as I led the group towards it.

"Let's go" Newt called out as we start hiking up the stairs.

"Thomas, Minho! What were those things?" Winston asked.

"I don't know. Just keep going," Thomas instructed.

The lights from the flashlights danced around as we carried our feet. Once we approached the top, we ran a little bit farther until we heard a inhumane growl.

"Shit," Thomas whispered.

A person crashed through the glass and now running towards us. I saw Aris picking up a thick metal stick out of the corner of my eye.

"Aris, no!" Minho and I shouted as the boy leap forward.

The stick hit their leg, making them trip. We scattered out of the way. Thomas and Teresa moved onto another escalator.

Then, another person slide pass the boys and me. The boys were making noise.

"Go, go around!" I heard Thomas say.

The boys started to follow. We came to a pair of stair. Another sick-looking person was following us. Minho punched them across the face as the rest of the group started to hike the stairs.

"Minho, come on," Winston shouted as he ushered us to them.

Once we reach the top after climbing the escalator, we met up with Thomas and Teresa.

"We got to find a way out of here" Frypan yelled.

"Yeah, no shit" I replied back.

Then, we heard a crash.

"Newt," Thomas called as I turned around.
Newt was laying on the floor and another person on top of him. He had his arm, keeping them from him. Black drool dripped from the  person's mouth. The blonde boy gasped in disgust. Just then, Thomas kicked them off and they rolled off the floor, with a heavy crash into a glass railing. Thomas pulled Newt up and behind him.

"You good?" He asked

"Yeah. Thank Tommy," the blonde boy replied.
Inhumane growls were heard and whatever they are, they were coming towards us.

"Over here, over here."

"Let's go, they are coming," Minho shouted as we ran in a blank hallway with concrete walls. The flashlights were dancing again as we turned corners. It was dark except for every once in a while. There were lights  hanging from the ceiling lighting a piece of the hallways.

"Guys, where are we going," Newt asked.

"Keep running. Go, go" Teresa said.

I saw Thomas found a door. He took the doorknob and twisted it. And it was locked. Then, we saw those people running down the hall.

"Keep going," Teresa told us.

I pushed Thomas out of the way and try it myself. It didn't work.

"Come on, they're coming!" Newt exclaimed.

And the group ran down the rest of the hall, into a room.

"It's a dead end" Minho shouted before he and Thomas started to check another pairs of doors.

"This one," he said after a few seconds.
He started pushing the doors with the force of his body.

"I will hold them back," Winston said as he cocked a gun. He turned around and shot a couple of times.

By then, everyone joined Thomas.

"Get that door open," I heard Winston shout.
Then, Frypan ran into the door, knocking it open.

"Come on," everyone yelled at each other as we ran through the door.

I heard screaming and turned to the scene. Aris and Newt were trying to pry away a screaming Winston from the people while Thomas and Minho were keeping the door shut enough.
Aris and Newt finally got Winston out.

"Go, go, go," Thomas told them

They caught up with the group.

"Y/N if I remember correctly, you packed a first aid kit?" Aris ask when he got to me as we began to run.

"Yes I did," I replied back.

-✨-

The group was hiding underneath a large piece of rumble. Winston was laying down on a smaller piece while I worked on his injury. Newt was holding a flashlight up for me to see. I wasn't a medjack in the maze, but I tried my best to help. I felt bad when the injured boy winced a couple of times.

Then, we heard a roar. Newt immediately switched off the flashlight.