Chapter 1: The New Arrivels

"When I open this door, I want you guys to run as fast as you can, got that," the guard spoke firmly. I saw Harriet exchanging a worry glance with Sonya while the others nodded in response.

"Alright," the guard said.

He grunted as he yanked the door open, revealing the night sky. I pulled myself up from my seat and I carried my feet off the helicopter. I started to feel the wind whipping my hair from my face. I glanced back at the aircraft. It had its door closed. And Sonya just planted her feet on the ground before running to the rear of the helicopter where Harriet waited. Once the blonde girl reached her, they started darting the opposite direction. With that, I let out a few coughs into my arms as I changed my course, pumping my feet to them.

"Hey," I shouted once they were in my sight. I slow down when I reached a few feet from the hill. Sonya whipped her head to the source.

"Y/N," she said. Harriet turned around when my name was called. Their feet carried them towards me.

"What are you doing," Sonya asked.

"I was going to ask you guys the exact same thing," I exclaimed.

They glanced at each other. A few seconds later, Harriet took a deep breath.

"Ok," she said, "do you remember where I sat during the ride?"

"Yeah," I replied, remembering that she sat on the farthest side from the door.

"Well, I got a glimpse of the pilot, just before he closed the window to the front. The plate of his sleeve had WCKD on it. We saw this as the best opportunity to escape. You're needed at the facility to protect the others. Let them figure it out on their own. And don't trust anyone," she mentioned.

"Ok," I said, "I know that you two can take care of yourselves. Good luck out there."
I exchanged a nod with the two girls before turning my back towards them and darted to the building.

My feet stumbled upon the stone floor a few seconds before the door squeezed the night sky until I can no longer see it and locked us inside. Then, soft voices erupted into my ears. My eyes traveled to Aris and the girls. They were examining the room, but no one was speaking. I went into a coughing fit as the voices reached the normal volume. I closed my eyes and drew air into my lungs.

When I opened my eyes again, I was taken aback a little bit. I was sitting at a table with a tray of food in front of me. Tables are scattered around the room with kids, conversing with each other. My eyes landed on a group of boys.
Their voices were among others. Then, a boy who has black hair and in a dark red shirt stood up and jog to another part of the cafeteria. A boy with brown hair and was in light blue shirt that almost looks white walked through the door and joined him. Then, they joined the group. The boy who has just walked in, and this group has a curiosity feeling about them not like the other new arrivals. I was ripped from my thought by Janson and my eyes traveled towards his direction.

  "If your name is called, please rise in an orderly fashion and join my colleagues. They will escort you to the western wing. Your new lives about to begin," Janson told us before calling names.

"Teresa. Teresa," the boy who has brown hair called out after Janson left with the kids who were called and his colleagues. He chased a female doctor and a girl who has black hair on the opposite side of the window until a guard stopped him as they disappeared.

  "Where are they taking her," he asked the guard.

"They're going to run a few more tests. Nothing to worry about," the guard told him.

"Is she ok," the boy asked

"She's fine."

Within a few minutes, we were dismissed. I was walking down the hall shortly after when I heard foot steps catching up with me.

"Hi. Are you ok? You barely ate," Aris asked.

"I'm okay," I assured him.

"What do you think we are going to find tomorrow," he whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him.

"You didn't shook your head at the new arrivals. So, I thought I could show the curious one," Aris explained.

"Ok, just be careful," I told him as I felt a cough coming on but I kept it in.

He nodded before running off.

I strolled down the rest of the corridor before entering my room.

-✨-

"Berry," Janson called out the next evening,

"Walt."

Another kid rose to his feet and walked to Janson's colleagues. The man glanced at his clipboard then returned his glaze up.

"Samantha."

"Arron."

I glanced at the new arrivals. A blonde boy turned his head to the brown haired boy who looks determined about something. Aris told me the plan where they came up with.
Janson continued to call names.

"Last, but not least Y/N."