Chapter 4

Geet's POV

One week later

I was sitting in my room tapping my foot with nervousness.

What does he think of himself? He cannot just order me to do anything. I am not his slave. He can't force me like this.

But he can definitely shoot your brother.

Ughhhh! Why do I have this monster in my life.

I have been talking to him for the past whole week. He only calls me twice everyday because he is very busy. And his calls and messages only include him flirting with me and me giving back a sassy reply then regretting.

But now he has a new demand. He wants to take me out for dinner.

How is that possible? My family won't let me go out like this. If they find out I am going out with a man and that too him they will shoot me before he does. Ugh brown girls problems.

What should I do? He isn't taking no for an answer.

Can I tell my parents that I am going out with one of my friends? But my friends also don't know about him. So there is high chance of getting caught.

Wait- Karan is going to be out today because the results are today. Mom and dad are going to bua's. Can I sneak out without anyone noticing?

But Arnav bhaiya will be home. Why is he home? He should go out too.

Even if I go out, what if I get caught?

No overthinking Geet. Think positive.

I have the whole day to think about it. I will surely come up with something.

I won't even take so much effort for my boyfriend. If relationships are so risky I don't want them.

I decided to get ready for the day and stop sulking.

It was only me and mom dad for breakfast.

"Mom when are you going to bua's?" I asked.

"We will leave after lunch." She answered.

Dad got a call and he excused himself.

Mom looked tensed and so I asked her why.

"Today is the result day. Your brother has worked really hard. I hope he wins. Pray for him." She said and I nodded.

Dad came back from his call and sat down.

"It was a call from the office. Arnav has to go to Mumbai for an urgent meeting. His flight is in two hours. He will come back by morning's flight." Dad said and my ears perked up.

Wait- so do I get the house to myself?

Mom looked at us with worry and said,"But then Geet will be alone at home."

Yes that's what I want. Please god let everyone go out. I started praying in my mind.

"Yes but we don't have any other option. And it's only about a few hours. We will be back in the morning and so will Arnav." Dad said and I nodded enthusiastically. Okay don't get too excited or they will suspect.

"Fine then. Geet you will be okay by yourself right?" Mom asked raising an eyebrow.

"Um yes mom I am eighteen." I said flashing her a smile.

"You are so naive. Anybody will threaten you and you will listen to them." Mom said and my eyes widened.

How does she know me so well. She is right. Ranbir just has to harden his voice a little and I cry like a scared cat.