Chapter 8

Geet's POV

I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. There were many thoughts in my mind at once.

During dinner whatever the elder's said rang in my ear loud and clear. Dad has clearly stated that I cannot fall in love and find someone by myself. I wonder if he has the same rule for my brothers. Because what if one day Arnav bhaiya brings his girlfriend home and wishes to marry her. What will my parents say to him?

And Ranbir, is it all just a time pass to him? Does he have no feelings at all? But then again he is a politician and their world has no place for feelings and emotions. Like said by my brother, he is a cruel man who only knows how to destroy.

But why am I thinking about it so much? I have already told him that nothing can happen between us and that we are just friends. So why do I care so much about his feelings?

Just when I was drifting off to sleep I got a call. And don't need to guess twice who it is from.

"Hello" I said. Honestly I didn't want to talk to him right now. There was too much on my mind.

"Hi little one, how was your day?" He asked excitedly.

He seems to be in a good mood and I don't want to ruin it. God knows what he does when he gets angry.

"My day was very eventful." I said with a smile.

"Hmm why so? What happened?" He asked curiously.

I told him about the guests and their conversation with my parents.

"What rubbish? You are 18, and its your life. How can someone else control it?" He said and I could sense he was mad.

"I know but these things don't work in our desi households. Here all that matters is khandan ki izzat." I said with a sad smile though he can't see me.

"What about you? Because your parents don't allow it, you won't be in a relationship ever? Never fall in love?" He asked me.

I went into thinking for a few seconds. What is more important to me?

"I don't want to cause sadness or disgrace to my parents. And I definitely don't want to get killed. So yeah I don't think I can ever be in a relationship against my parents will." I told him and didn't even realise when my eyes had teared up.

Ranbir sighed and there was silence between us for a minute.

"Well you can't willingly be in a relationship, but I can always force you. And if your parents don't allow, I have other ways to convince them." He said and I know he is having that stupid smirk on his face right now.

I smiled at his words but then remembered Disha's words.

He only wants to sleep with me. He will lose interest in me once that happens.

"What happened Geet? Why so silent? There is more than your parents isn't it?" He guessed it right.

"Ranbir can I ask you something?" I asked him after that.

"Ofcourse you can."

I sighed and said,"Why are you so interested in me? Why are you so adamant on talking to me? Do you... Do you only want to...s-sleep with me?"

My voice came out stuttering and weak because I didn't know how to voice my thoughts.

A loud laughter echoed from the other side of the line  making me frown. What is so funny? I am being serious here.

"Oh little one, where do you even get these thoughts." He said and I pouted. I just want to clear my doubts.

"I don't know why I want you so much. I just know that ever since I saw you, I only wanted you. Then you denying me, ignoring me only added fuel to my attraction. And what was supposed to be just an attraction turned into something bigger." He said after getting over his laughter in a serious tone.